CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Gates: No Hacker Danger To Windows Security Update!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1298 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Gates: No Hacker Danger To Windows Security Update! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gates: No Hacker Danger To Windows Security Update! - 8/20/2004 3:04:07 PM   
WinThusiast

Achilles' heels? German Internet security experts said they found "two flaws" within the anxiously awaited security update for Microsoft's Windows XP operating system. But a spokesman for Chairman Bill Gates' firm insists that the new Service Pack 2 (SP2) patches are safe and sound, offering downright "innovations." However, the Redmond, Wash.-based software leviathan has warned customers that the security update could interfere with nearly 50 programs. The update could affect connections to videogames such as Electronic Arts' Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Epic Games' Unreal Tournament 2003 and Activision's Star Trek StarFleet Command III 1.0. Beyond the world of make-believe car thieves and interstellar laser battles, affected applications could include Symantec Corporate AntiVirus 9.0 and Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 SP1 among others, according to a list provided by Microsoft. Nonetheless, the spokesman maintained: "We continue to encourage customers to review and install Windows XP SP2." He added that the firm pumps funds into new technology to combat hackers and that newest evil, spyware.

Source : Forbes
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Gates: No Hacker Danger To Windows Security Update! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI