CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1445 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/23/2002 10:29:15 AM   
LoopDeMack

I can't find TDK media from Japan ,it's all from Luxemburg(Europe).What is quality of this media manufactured in Luxemburg. I saw TDK media 150qty on the stick without label for 0,22eur for 1 on 1000-2000qty.I saw small hologram on the end of the disk with little TDK.
Post #: 1
RE: What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/23/2002 9:11:28 PM   
john

TDK uses media from other manufacturers like Taiyo Yuden, RITEK

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to LoopDeMack)
Post #: 2
RE: What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/23/2002 11:49:14 PM   
WebTech Inc

You can find the Luxembourg TDK address on almost every TDK CD-R box that is sold in Europe. It's the address of the European headquarter and has nothing to do with the production site where the discs are manufactured.

TDK has a CD-R production site in Bascharage (Luxembourg)

But TDK also sells CD-Rs made by Tajyo Yuden, Ritek and CMC.
In general the quality of the TDK discs is good, even the Riteks and CMCs are of a rather decent quality. TDKs made by Taiyo Yuden are of excellent quality and the TDKs made at its own production site in Luxembourg are of good quality, too

I'm using a lot of TDK CD-Rs with different drives and never had any problems with them

But before buying 1.000 or 2.000 pcs I would really recommend to run some tests with the discs to check the quality (writing/reading) and the compatibility with your cd-writer

(in reply to LoopDeMack)
Post #: 3
RE: What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/25/2002 12:09:29 AM   
john

I think TDK makes only their media under the D-VIEW 24X certified label name. Their latest 40X, 48X comes from TY or RITEK usually

(in reply to LoopDeMack)
Post #: 4
RE: What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/25/2002 3:23:19 AM   
WebTech Inc

It's almost impossible to say for sure, what manufacturer has produced a certain TDK disc without having the ATIP of these discs.

I've used a lot of TDK Reflex Ultra 650MB 16x
Some are made by Taiyo Yuden,
Example: http://www.cdr-info.de/detailcdr.php?ID=1009
Others are made by Ritek,
Example: http://www.cdr-info.de/detailcdr.php?ID=651

The TDK D-VIEW 24x discs are also made by Taiyo Yuden, like in this
Example: http://www.cdr-info.de/detailcdr.php?ID=1193

The TDK 48x media are made by TDK at its own production site,
Example: http://www.cdr-info.de/detailcdr.php?ID=1611
but I've also seen TDK 48x CD-Rs made by CMC.

(in reply to LoopDeMack)
Post #: 5
RE: What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/25/2002 2:51:37 PM   
john

Hmm...Interesting. The only TDK media i saw in the local market was only the TDK D-VIEW 24X from RITEK...

(in reply to LoopDeMack)
Post #: 6
RE: What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/25/2002 8:05:05 PM   
LoopDeMack

I must tell you that I saw only 48x TDK media,one without any label and one with D-VIEW 48X on the top(but this D-view is expensive and it's price for one is 0.33eur on 500 pcs)
If some one now's about this TDK 48X without case(on stick 150pcs) and without any label ,it look's like no name media and it has small hologram at the end of the disk (1mmX3mm) with sign TDK, I need any info please!!!!!!!

(in reply to LoopDeMack)
Post #: 7
RE: What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/26/2002 12:44:12 AM   
WebTech Inc

Without having the ATIP of these TDK discs, it's impossible to give detailed information

Why not ask the seller of these TDK discs who the manufacturer is.
He should know it

(in reply to LoopDeMack)
Post #: 8
RE: What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro - 11/26/2002 12:51:43 AM   
WebTech Inc

quote:
Originally posted by john

Hmm...Interesting. The only TDK media i saw in the local market was only the TDK D-VIEW 24X from RITEK...

Here in Germany you get TDKs of all kind

But TDK never mentions the manufacturer of its discs,
not even a "Made in Japan", "Made in Taiwan" etc is given,
that would provide some useful hints

(in reply to LoopDeMack)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> What about TDKmedia manufactured in Luxemburg(Euro Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI