CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Judge Seeking More Info on Microsoft   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 842 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Judge Seeking More Info on Microsoft Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Judge Seeking More Info on Microsoft - 8/13/2004 7:36:41 PM   
WinThusiast

The European judge deciding whether to suspend European Union sanctions against Microsoft Corp. has told the software giant to beef up its claim that compliance with an order to share some technical information would cause it irreparable harm, a source close to the process said Thursday.

Bo Vesterdorf, the president of the Luxembourg-based Europe's Court of First Instance, asked Microsoft for more evidence to back up its contention that its intellectual property rights were under threat if forced to divulge information on its server systems, the source said on condition of anonymity.

The request, reported Thursday by the London-based Financial Times, came at a closed-door meeting with all parties on July 27.

Microsoft declined to comment on the specifics of the request, citing the meeting's confidential nature. But spokesman Jim Desler told The Associated Press that "it makes perfect sense'' for the court to want the central issue of intellectual property to be "very clearly described.'' "We believe we have a very strong case and are pleased to have the opportunity to provide the court greater specificity on this important point,'' he said.

Full Story...

Source : TechZonez
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Judge Seeking More Info on Microsoft Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI