CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Zalman Reserator Cooler Review!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1597 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Zalman Reserator Cooler Review! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zalman Reserator Cooler Review! - 8/12/2004 8:20:55 PM   
SiliconFreak

The Reserator 1 from Zalman has a very specific goal, and it performs it perfectly well. If you are looking to cool your high end CPU and video card without the use of noisy fans AT ALL, then you HAVE to consider it.

At around $200, it is certainly not a small purchase. However keep in mind that it is compatible with pretty much every CPU and video card you could throw at it, and you can probably use it for years to come. And if you are building a silent home theatre PC, there really is no other option that performs this well.

If you are the DIY type who is looking for insane cooling performance, you are probably going to want to skip the Reserator. Then again, I can think of some pretty crazy mods that can be done with it... I wonder what happens when you add a few fans to the mix, and a high performance pump and waterblocks? There are possibilities there, but the price might prevent you from messing around with it too much.

Complete Review...

Source : HardCoreWare

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 8/13/2004 5:46:28 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
  Post #: 2
RE: Zalman Reserator Cooler Review! - 8/13/2004 7:05:02 AM   
Leviathan

Why not buy a Thermaltake case with $130 rather than this crap? With my Thermatake case I have managed much lower temperature values and it is also silent. I don't understand why someone would prefer this watercooling system since it is not silent as the conclusion of the review mentions.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 3
RE: Zalman Reserator Cooler Review! - 8/13/2004 8:54:12 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hi guys...

Actually I wont comment on this much...whoever finds it good enough for him (and affordable at $200 ) - should buy it...and who doesnt...just dont...its that simple

I also checked the test results (showing that original P4 cooler in idle worked at 51degrees celsius and at some 69 degrees at full load.......while......Reserator produced 50 at idle and 67 at full load - knowing that Reserator results included cooling for both...P4 and 9700Pro card....).

Anyway...my personal opinion...will stick to my current 5 ventilator system I dont care if its a bit noiser than some water cooled systems...but the point is...that it cools my P4 CPU to 33degrees celsius at idle...and to maximum 55 at full load for more hours - at shorter full loads it hardly even touches 50 degrees!)

So until I see some water cooled products capabla of delivering some 25degrees in idle...and some 35-40degrees at full load...i'll stick with current coolers... And for bit higher noise...dont care...that way You know that computer is alive...and not just some silent box in the corner of room

Nice day everyone.

(in reply to Leviathan)
Post #: 4
RE: Zalman Reserator Cooler Review! - 8/13/2004 9:10:35 AM   
emperor

I think the Zalmain Reserator was called RMA Due to the problem with design!

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> Zalman Reserator Cooler Review! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI