CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Fierce Competition Between MP3 Player Makers!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 764 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Fierce Competition Between MP3 Player Makers! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fierce Competition Between MP3 Player Makers! - 8/12/2004 10:22:15 AM   
SiliconFreak

Small and medium enterprises are making good progress in the Korean MP3 player market and large corporations are trying hard to catch their market share. LG Electronics announced that it would launch its first 5 MP3 player models called "Xfree" on Thursday. Until now, LG Electronics sold other firms' produced MP3 players by attaching its brand logo but now, it will produce its own designed players at its Pyeongtaek plant.

Samsung Electronics aims to make MP3 players their new main product and is carrying out huge scale marketing starting from the beginning of this year. The firm raised its MP3 player team's workforce up to nearly 30 percent and reshuffled distribution and service networks. Therefore, Samsung's MP3 market share was only 10 percent in the previous year but it was able to occupy up to 25 percent in the first half of this year.

The reason why large corporations strengthen MP3 marketing is because the MP3 market is noticeably growing in both domestic and foreign markets. A medium-sized enterprise called Reigncom is the winner of the present domestic MP3 market in Korea with its brand "iRiver." Reigncom's domestic market share is more than 50 percent.

The size of the domestic market will grow by nearly 50 percent, from 1.2 million units last year to 1.9 million units this year.

Source : ChoSun
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Fierce Competition Between MP3 Player Makers! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI