CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Napster to Offer U.S. Military Access, Discounts!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1371 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Napster to Offer U.S. Military Access, Discounts! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Napster to Offer U.S. Military Access, Discounts! - 8/11/2004 6:38:46 PM   
SiliconFreak

Digital music service Napster (news - web sites) said on Wednesday it will offer special access to downloads and discount subscriptions to active and retired U.S. military personnel and their families.

Napster, a unit of Roxio Inc., said access will be available to all branches of the military via CentricMall.com, a password-protected Web site available to registered customers of the Army and Air Force Exchange Service.

Roxio said Napster was the first digital product to be offered on the CentricMall site.

On Tuesday, Roxio said it would sell its DVD and CD software business to focus exclusively on Napster. The service had its origins in illicit song-swapping on college campuses and elsewhere before collapsing under the weight of legal challenges and being resurrected as a legal platform.

Source : Reuters
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Napster to Offer U.S. Military Access, Discounts! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI