CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HP Notebook Executive Leaving For Dell   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 692 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> HP Notebook Executive Leaving For Dell Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HP Notebook Executive Leaving For Dell - 8/10/2004 9:20:18 PM   
SiliconFreak

Alex Gruzen, the head of Hewlett-Packard's notebook computing effort, has left the company to join rival Dell.
At Dell, Gruzen will be a senior vice president in the company's product group, jointly leading its desktop and notebook efforts along with John Medica, according to a Dell representative. He will start work later this month.

An HP representative said that the company was informed Monday that Gruzen was leaving for Dell and said he is no longer working at the company. The representative added that HP has taken steps to protect its confidential information, but the representative would not be more specific.

Gruzen will be replaced, for now, by Ted Clark, who was named interim general manager of HP's mobile unit. Clark had been heading up the company's Tablet PC and handheld units.

The departure comes as HP and Dell continue to battle as the two largest sellers of PCs worldwide. Dell saw its unit shipments grow 28 percent worldwide to almost 7.7 million units in the second quarter. The jump gave it 18.6 percent of the market, according to research firm IDC, and allowed it to retake the lead in total global shipments. HP grew shipments by about 16 percent, according to IDC. Nevertheless, the company's share of the market declined to 15.5 percent, down from 15.7 percent a year ago.

Gruzen is a Compaq Computer veteran who joined HP after the company's blockbuster merger closed in May 2002. His departure was reported earlier Tuesday by The Wall Street Journal.

Source : CNET News
Post #: 1
RE: HP Notebook Executive Leaving For Dell - 8/11/2004 7:24:10 AM   
emperor

Dell laptops are very good, with superb support...

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: HP Notebook Executive Leaving For Dell - 8/11/2004 7:28:12 AM   
SiliconFreak

Yup, but HP's also are very good...and also more affordable when price is the question...but I guess there are some more good laptops around that would be worth to take a look at...

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> HP Notebook Executive Leaving For Dell Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI