CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Test Your Grid Application with VMware!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1311 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Test Your Grid Application with VMware! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Test Your Grid Application with VMware! - 8/10/2004 9:58:11 AM   
LinuxMarshall

VMware Workstation enables you to create and execute an operating system instance within the confines of a protected environment. You can use this when developing and testing your grid environment in a number of different ways, all without affecting the host computers and enabling you to roll back installations, configurations, and other details. Using VMware in this way can also be a valid way of distributing and installing a grid across a network of machines, without affecting their operation, and, with a suitably powerful machine, of simulating an entire grid within the confines of just one or two machines.

Source : LinuxElectrons
Post #: 1
RE: Test Your Grid Application with VMware! - 8/10/2004 10:28:08 AM   
sp

In most cases, what is more interesting is not what a program is able to do, but rather what is NOT able to do!
(In fact, this is dictum applying to many cases of real life, not just computers.)

In our case, web development, it is vital to know the restrictions of programs like this, so that bugs can be identified and corrected early during development lifecycle and not at the final staging preccesses.

From this respect, any user with experience on this emulator is welcome to comment...

WM # CI

(in reply to LinuxMarshall)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Test Your Grid Application with VMware! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI