CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New Camera With Photo Caller ID from Samsung   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 718 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> New Camera With Photo Caller ID from Samsung Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Camera With Photo Caller ID from Samsung - 8/5/2004 5:47:26 AM   
SiliconFreak

DUBAI - Samsung Electronics yesterday announced the release of two new mobile phones, billed as the world's smallest camera phones - SGH-E600, and SGH-E310 - featuring, in addition to a built-in VGA camera, a photo caller ID function enabling users to assign pictures to numbers in the phone book.

J. H. Park, President, Samsung Gulf Electronics (SGE), said Samsung would continue its inroads into the regional mobile market with a range of new products that include the latest in cutting-edge technology. "By pushing the boundaries of mobile technology, Samsung has created an unprecedented brand position for its products, reiterating its leadership as a mobile phone manufacturer in the region."

Recent figures made available by a leading European research group, GfK, put Samsung in leading positions, in terms of mobile phone sales, with an estimated growth of over 35 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2004 in the UAE, the AGCC and Pakistan.

"Camera phones will augment sales as they carry the most favoured features. The super-VGA camera that Samsung has embedded in its phone, is of the highest quality available in the region," Park added.

"Our research showed that customers wanted a phone that reflected their personality: elegant and stylish, yet equally modem and boasting the latest technology. This gave birth to E-600 mobile phones. Innovation based on customer feedback is key to our growth worldwide," said Steve Han, Senior Manager-Telecommunications, Samsung Gulf Electronics (SGE).

Ramdas Rajamani, Marketing Manager, Samsung Gulf Electronics, said Samsung's advanced technology and innovative designs are allowing mobile users to experience futuristic features, similar to those proposed by next-generation technologies. "To further capitalise on the growth opportunity, we will shortly debut our next-generation camera phones that allow users to take pictures upwards of one million mega-pixel, turning the phones into sophisticated digital cameras."

"The launch of Samsung's smallest camera phone and the caller photo ID mobile phone will serve to re-ignite the regional mobile communications industry.

"As the global technology leader, and among the largest manufacturers of mobile phones, Samsung aims to differentiate its products by constantly incorporating new and innovative design and technology elements that deliver tangible value to customers," J. H. Park added.

Source : K.Times

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 8/5/2004 7:47:51 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> New Camera With Photo Caller ID from Samsung Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI