CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

MICROSOFT TO PAY $31.5 MILLION !!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 645 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> MICROSOFT TO PAY $31.5 MILLION !!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MICROSOFT TO PAY $31.5 MILLION !!! - 8/4/2004 7:00:38 AM   
WinThusiast

New Mexico consumers will benefit from Microsoft's settlement of a class action that claimed overcharging

Microsoft said on Tuesday it will pay New Mexico consumers as much as $31.5m (£17.3m) to settle a class action claiming the world's largest software maker had overcharged for software.

The settlement, which received preliminary approval by New Mexico's First Judicial District Court in late July, will allow eligible class members to receive vouchers from Microsoft that can be used to buy any computer hardware or software from any manufacturer.

The settlement is the latest since Microsoft settled class-actions with Massachusetts and Arizona in June.

Microsoft has been working to put antitrust claims behind it, having settled such suits in more than a dozen states and the District of Columbia over the past two years, for a total of more than $1.5bn.

As with the Massachusetts settlement and other such deals it has struck across the United States, Microsoft said it will provide half the value of any unclaimed vouchers to certain New Mexico school districts.

"This settlement allows us to focus on the future and building great software, and avoids the cost and uncertainty of litigation," Microsoft general counsel Brad Smith said in a statement.

Class actions are still pending in Iowa and Wisconsin.

Consumers and businesses in New Mexico who purchased Microsoft operating system and application software between December 1995 and December 2002 in that state are eligible to claim vouchers, according to the terms of the settlement.

Source:Reuters

< Message edited by WinThusiast -- 8/4/2004 7:01:17 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> MICROSOFT TO PAY $31.5 MILLION !!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI