CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 580 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!! - 11/11/2002 3:58:40 AM   
Alex123

Hi everybody,

I own a TEAC CD-W540E and use Nero 5.5.8.2. I donít know if this is just a coincidence or not but right after I upgraded to firmware 1.0F, I burned 45 compressed(winrar)files 15 mb each and even though everything seems to be fine, when I try to extract them, some of the files give me the following error message: "The system cannot read from the specified device"

The thing I do not understand is, why this is happening only with some of the files and not with all of them.
For example I burned 45 compressed files (winrar) and only 6 of them give me this error when I try to copy them back to my Hard Drive.

All the files open-up fine when they are in my hard drive and also I 've been getting the same exact error with the same files, trying 4 different times with 4 different cds (TDK cd-r80 700MB up to 24x multi speed).

Any suggestions ?

Thank you very much
Regards
Alex
Post #: 1
RE: TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!! - 11/11/2002 6:51:24 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

If you're running Nero, go into the tool kit and run Nero CD Speed on the CD, and see if there are errors on it (It sounds likely to me). If you don't run nero, you can download CD speed on it's on from http://www.cdspeed2000.com The ScanDisc command and the CD Quality test are very nice testing routines to put your CD through to see if they'll "stand the test of time" Also, Did you burn the CD at no greater then the certified speed limit? sometimes you can accidentaly burn a CD-R faster then it can handle (going above the certified speed).

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Alex123)
Post #: 2
RE: TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!! - 11/11/2002 3:46:59 PM   
Alex123

Hi Dolphinius_Rex and thank you for your reply,

What do you think of this ???

I just decided, after destroying 5 TDK CD's, to try a different brand name(Creation optical media). Now with the TDK, Nero automatically shows Write Speed 40x(6.000 KB/s) and with the Creation CD, Nero shows for Write Speed32x(4.800 KB/S).
Well the Creation CD works fine !!!! but Not the TDK CD.

The weird think is I have being using TDK for a while now and never had a problem before. Just the other day I upgrade the firmware of my TEAC drive to 1.0F, I wonder if that has something to do with this, but how come it works for a slower cd. ??

Any ideas?

Thanks
Alex

(in reply to Alex123)
Post #: 3
RE: TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!! - 11/11/2002 5:08:33 PM   
john

Probably the issue here would be the media. Sometimes it happens that even branded media would not perform as supposed (due to various reasons).

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Alex123)
Post #: 4
RE: TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!! - 11/11/2002 6:36:29 PM   
Alex123

Hi John and thank you for replying,

The thing is that I tried it with 5 different TDK CD's and they all had the same problem, they come in a package of 10 (TDK d-view). Could they all be defective? Or has it something happened with my TEAC Drive since I upgraded to 1.0F firmware and now has a problem when writes in speed of 40x?

Thanks again
Alex

(in reply to Alex123)
Post #: 5
RE: TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!! - 11/12/2002 12:07:39 AM   
john

Well the D-VIEW media is not so good (only 24X rated i think), so why you don't try other media?

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Alex123)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> TEAC W540E (1.0F) Please HELP !!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI