CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

TelEurope Inc. - Is it a reliable online shop?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1442 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> OnLine Shops >> TelEurope Inc. - Is it a reliable online shop? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TelEurope Inc. - Is it a reliable online shop? - 7/21/2004 12:48:25 PM   
KC_Dud

Hi,

I found an online shop using websites that compare prices between different resellers. TelEurope Inc. sells pretty decent laptops for less than $700 USD. The problem is that the company's website doesn't work (www.teleurope-online.com). The only way of communitcation is by e-mail. So I'm not sure whether this company is fake or reliable.

Any info on TelEurope Inc. would be helpful.
Thx
Post #: 1
RE: TelEurope Inc. - Is it a reliable online shop? - 7/21/2004 3:23:15 PM   
emperor

Sorry I don't know them

(in reply to KC_Dud)
Post #: 2
RE: TelEurope Inc. - Is it a reliable online shop? - 7/21/2004 3:32:21 PM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:

ORIGINAL: KC_Dud

Hi,

I found an online shop using websites that compare prices between different resellers. TelEurope Inc. sells pretty decent laptops for less than $700 USD. The problem is that the company's website doesn't work (www.teleurope-online.com). The only way of communitcation is by e-mail. So I'm not sure whether this company is fake or reliable.

Any info on TelEurope Inc. would be helpful.
Thx

Hi KC_Dud and Welcome to Our Forum !!!
If I was you I would steer clear unless they get the Website up and running unless you can get confirmation that they are a good company from someone who has recently used them !!!
Thx

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to KC_Dud)
Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 7/21/2004 5:10:20 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
  Post #: 4
RE: TelEurope Inc. - Is it a reliable online shop? - 8/16/2004 8:08:31 PM   
Kelownadoug

I just registered at your forum. I found it by Searching "Teleurope"
I was contacted by these people to sell laptops at my website. I had never contacted her about this, I had made other inquiries to another company in the orient. All of a sudden, I get an email from a company telling me to contact her at her own email, that "a friend" at this company had given her my name.
There was a lot of things wrong with this deal she was trying to cook up. Here is a few of them;
The prices are too cheap - red flag.
Only can deal with them via email. no phone, fax etc.- red flag
Only will accept Western Union Money orders. - red flag - may as well mail cash.
Address she supplied never shows up in any search. - red flag
Web site address. claims it is down due to a virus. You too can purchase this domain name. It is available. - big red flag.

No one wanted this supplier more than I did. They were selling laptops 3gig for $750. It IS too good to be true.

The gal I was dealing with, Karen Anderson, has all the right appropriate answers. She has not communicated with me since I told her I was coming over to Rome to meet her, bring a money order and take my first order home with me.

Please be cautious in dealing with this party. DO NOT SEND MONEY.

One of the things I was supposed to do to alleve my fears over sending a money order was to send it over to her in my name. When she gets the money order, she will send me the product. When I get the product, call Western Union and change the name on the money order, so she can cash it. This is using Western Union as an escrow service. Western Union did not like this, although it could be done. They refered me to their fraud division. They strongly advised me against this. All it takes is fake ID, and they can cash the money order. As I said above, my dealings with her ended when I asked which hotel should I stay at, when I come over with a money order to pick up my first order. I have not heard from her since.

There is a legit company out there with the name Teleurope. Several weeks ago, the name even showed up on sites that find the best prices for things. (the name of these sites escapes me) I never found an actual listing of laptops or cell phones that showed up there for sale. They were expired, and I found no way to ask someone at these sites if they were legit.

Like I said, I wanted this to be true, to the point where I was going to go over there to make the first order. I gotta use air miles on something right! There was just too many things wrong.
KelownaDoug

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 5
RE: TelEurope Inc. - Is it a reliable online shop? - 8/17/2004 6:32:25 AM   
emperor

Good info Doug, people be careful before buying from online stores!

(in reply to Kelownadoug)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> OnLine Shops >> TelEurope Inc. - Is it a reliable online shop? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI