CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Creating data CDs with Windows XP utility...?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1452 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Creating data CDs with Windows XP utility...? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating data CDs with Windows XP utility...? - 10/31/2002 1:53:19 PM   
Sergeant Pinback

This looks like a great forum - just found it tonight, and already I've found the answer to a question I had about writing a CD-R using either 'disc-at-once' or 'track-at-once'. So I've changed my default to 'disc-at-once'. Thanks!

Anyway, I had a couple of questions about using the CD writing utility that comes with WinXP. I just got this system, and it appears that it's possible to create a data CD using either Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 or the WinXP disk writing utility (where you just drop your file into the CD-RW drive folder and then click on 'write to disc').

What I don't understand is, when using Easy CD Creator, I write the disc and close the CD so that it can be read in other CD drives. With WinXP utility, the data is written, but the CD appears to be left open because I can put the same disc back in, after WinXP ejects it, and write more data to it. Also, when I put the disc in that WinXP writes, it will tell me if there is more room on the disc that can be written to, while if I put in a disc that is created with Easy CD Creator and try to write to it, (even if there is lots of room left), I get a message to insert a recordable disc instead. If I then take this WinXP 'open' disc to my old system and put it in its DVD-ROM drive, it recognizes it and shows me the files that are on the disc. I thought this was only possible if the disc was 'closed'. Anyone know about this? Seems strange to me...
Post #: 1
RE: Creating data CDs with Windows XP utility...? - 11/3/2002 9:09:58 AM   
Tron

No, many DVD roms and CD roms drives can read a disc if left open. Some software closes the session but not the disc. I like NERO the best for my mulisession writting, but whatever works best for you. You are right though, some drives will not see the disc if it is not finalized or closed...

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Sergeant Pinback)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Creating data CDs with Windows XP utility...? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI