CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Of labelling kits..   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 833 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: Of labelling kits.. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Of labelling kits.. - 12/4/2002 10:20:46 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Dazco: Oops, sorry, I got confused with babymech's post! [:I]

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Fred Spade)
Post #: 17
RE: Of labelling kits.. - 12/4/2002 10:35:41 PM   
dazco

Still, what ARE multi flip labels?!

As for the clear labels showing thru as someone mentioned, i would think they are for printing to WITH a background color, otherwise of course you'll see thru em. Am i missing something here?

(in reply to Fred Spade)
Post #: 18
RE: Of labelling kits.. - 12/5/2002 1:40:31 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Dazco: Please see my earliest post in this topic, it does a good job of describing Multi-Flip labels.

(in reply to Fred Spade)
Post #: 19
RE: Of labelling kits.. - 12/5/2002 3:42:53 AM   
rabbit

As for the clear labels showing thru as someone mentioned, i would think they are for printing to WITH a background color, otherwise of course you'll see thru em. Am i missing something here?

if someone is going to use clear labels, they would obviously want them to be see through.

don't know whose post you were referring to but as i said in mine, the ones i used would show the glue after sticking them on the disc. in other words, you put the clear label on a unbranded disc and instead of being shiny silver, it looks like you covered the disc with wax paper or something. background colour has nothing to do with the issue.

i'm looking for clear labels that stay 100% transparent after you stick them on the disc.

(in reply to Fred Spade)
Post #: 20
RE: Of labelling kits.. - 12/5/2002 3:53:07 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I know on some of my clear labels (I THINK the Neato ones) it says: May take up to 48 hours for labels to dry and adhesive to become clear. How long has it been? what brand did you use?

(in reply to Fred Spade)
Post #: 21
RE: Of labelling kits.. - 12/6/2002 7:45:51 AM   
rabbit

these ones by avery. it has been months since i applied them. they are also quite flimsy, so it is very difficult to apply without there being any little airbubbles. DO NOT use anything like the CD stomper to apply these labels. better to go with an applicator where you put the CD down first and then apply the label afterwards.

(in reply to Fred Spade)
Post #: 22
RE: Of labelling kits.. - 12/6/2002 10:33:20 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

hrm, I've used those labels before... in fact I have some now [:p] I didn't have any problems with the adhesive, but I know what you mean about applying them! but those labels usually come with a plastic attachment (to the label) that allows you to corner it on a jewel case and keep it centered. Though I must admit, it's the worst way I've ever applied a label, and of the two I have used so far, 1 of them didn't work that well

(in reply to Fred Spade)
Post #: 23
RE: Of labelling kits.. - 12/6/2002 2:53:48 PM   
rabbit

next time you use them, let me know if it ends up being 100% clear. i put the label over discs that were blank, shiny silver and i can see the glue.

i know with normal scotch tape, you have to rub the tape firmly over a surface to make it 100% clear but that didn't work with these labels.

thanks.

(in reply to Fred Spade)
Post #: 24
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: Of labelling kits.. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI