We hope to have it here soon, 16X DVD±R and 4X DVD+R DL are good speeds! However how good the new drive would be? Many questions, no answers for now...
* DVD+/-R 16x-speed (Zone CLV), 12x-speed (Zone CLV), 8x-speed (Zone CLV), 6x-speed, 4x-speed, 2x-speed, 1x-speed
* CD-R 32x-speed (Zone CLV), 24x-speed (Zone CLV), 16x-speed , 10x-speed, 4x-speed
* CD-RW 24x-speed (Zone CLV), 20x-speed (Zone CLV), 16x-speed, 10x-speed, 4x-speed
* DVD-ROM/DVD-Video(Single Layer) 5~16X (CAV)
* DVD-ROM/DVD-Video(Dual Layer) 5~12X (CAV)
* DVD+/-R 12X (CAV)
* DVD+/-RW 8X (CAV)
* DVD+R DL 8X (CAV)
* DVD-RAM 2X (Zone CLV)
* CD-ROM 40X (CAV)
* CD-R 40X (CAV)
* CD-RW 32X (CAV)
For sure the reading speeds are promising, too bad ZoneCLV is adopted for both DVD and CD formats, the writing times would be increased, i am wondering about the steps, 6X->8X->12X->16X ??