Dolphin, a quick question I hope you can assist.
I received today, what *should* be 50 Taiyo Yuden TYG02 4X certified (might be G01's I can't remember will check if you want) that have a write descriptor of up to 8X with my PX-712 v1.03. They came with a normal THAT'S slip in the spindle (stating RX media etc..).
Now the thing is: They have no logo's on the surface what so ever, just a blank reflective silver substrate.
Question: How can I be 100% sure I have authentic TY, since after reading the above it makes me think twice. They are from a reputable dealer.
I can be 95% sure by doing some jitter/PI/PO scans, as the error rate should reveal the identity. However, I cannot account for the other 5% since the discs could be from another plant using the same code and also, *being of comparitive quality* which takes me back to where I started..
Anyways any input would be usefull, I guess