CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Will the new DJ be able to substitute CloneCD?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1179 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Will the new DJ be able to substitute CloneCD? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will the new DJ be able to substitute CloneCD? - 8/25/2001 3:05:34 PM   
Boots (old)

I what ways yes, and in what ways no?

Post #: 1
RE: Will the new DJ be able to substitute CloneCD? - 11/11/2002 3:07:19 AM   
FutureProof

DJ is a pre-masterer as well as duplicator and can be likened more to Nero and NTI than CloneCD. DJ does terrific audio (for me anyway) and is still considered the best Error Skipper by VeNoM386 of D-Tools fame, for safeDisc. Copy protection, though, is of little concern to Padus; any success, I suspect, is incidental. A feature I like the most is that I can load up my 6 writers and CD/DVD-ROMs with CD-DA discs as well as any virtual drives with images of CD-DA anything up to the limit of drive letters and convert the music to MP3 or whatever. That's pretty darn good 'set and forget' and the MP3 quality settings are the most wide available.

The development of CloneCD is linked to advances in copy protection. It is a straight duplicator and should not be likened to something like DJ. The Fast Error Skip has recently fallen over in the last two versions (go back to 4016!) but I know that Elby has the latest game of NFS to test SD2.8x I think that SecuROM 4.8 is also gonna be a while as the media density issue may have taken them by surprise. DrMatrix, who posts around the traps infrequently, has hinted that the new Virtual Drive for CloneCD holds some surprises if tested... ;)

FUD

(in reply to Boots (old))
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Will the new DJ be able to substitute CloneCD? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI