CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: CMC Media agreement   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1234 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: CMC Media agreement Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/21/2002 2:38:02 AM   
john

>The analyzer used is the CDA3000 from CD Associates. The drive used is a Plextor TSI 40x cd-rom

Hmm...Yes i know many people use that since is the lower priced CD-R analyzer but cannot analyze blank media and not offering Jitter measurements. [:I]

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 17
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/21/2002 8:45:48 PM   
rjw

Since I received only one email about usseing different writers for the testing with not so good argumentation.(The fact that this user ussed many CMC disc's in combination with this type of burner(BTC 24x)[:o)]) Hasn't brought me to the idea of changing any selected burner for another model. So the test will be done with the 3 earlier named burners.

Now I know that this analyzer doesn't test for jitter and cannot test unwritten media. However the results are accurate enough and the reproduction of the tests is good enough. To say if the media is bad or good after being written.
Now I would have liked the use of SOME High tech state of the art clover or cd-cats analyzer. But the fact is that the users that I know won't let me test the media for free.

This brings me directly to the following point.
I know that there is allready some wise guy thinking. Why not use all burners you can get on all speeds and on all software and with all different firmware version every burner has and also test some other really high and low tech media so we can do a really good test.

Well your welcome if you can do this. But if anyone could have done it better without big money involved then why didn't he do it [?]

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 18
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/22/2002 1:10:06 AM   
john

Since you can only test with a CDA3000 just do it!...

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 19
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/22/2002 1:42:34 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

It's better then *I* could do, no complaints here!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 20
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/22/2002 2:45:32 AM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, we will be awaiting the results

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 21
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/22/2002 12:44:44 PM   
Clint

I'm also interested in this little exercise...

I'm not expecting 'perfect' results for the CMC media, though, but if you can add some Taiyo Yuden 48X and some Mitsui Gold CD-R's you speak of about being the best - and have them subjected to the same tests, drives and conditions as the CMC's; it would be an interesting comparison and an indication of how good the scale of your test will be.

I'm making this sticky for the time being, so no one misses this

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 22
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/22/2002 5:49:54 PM   
john

Btw...we got some CMC media with different ID code than the one that used in Imation 48X media and seem to work better. Maybe CMC has different qualities and Imation gets the worse?

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 23
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/22/2002 9:17:50 PM   
rjw

Okay the disc's have been tested. I am not going to tell you yet how good they performed. Now I knew there would be people who want additional disc's of additional brands. And I can say the following you get the scores of the analyzer of these disc's but not the completely detailed information since I don't have them. Only the scores so not the specific restults (For E11,E21,E31,E22,E32,E21,BLER)
Also there will be no Mitsui Gold disc's.I am sorry but I couldn't get any of them in time. But we have tested other disc's burned with our burners. If you guys want I can even give you some additional scores which where made with the same model burner but a different burner. That is only if people do want this. So let me know.

So I just keep rissing the suspence a little. [}:)]
Some info will be posted next week and hopefully the complete info. The problem is that I have more important tasks to do and we want some additional check ups. Now let me first start with the more important tasks.So don't expect many postings from my hand in the following days.

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 24
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/23/2002 3:03:03 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Well, I'd rather wait for complete and accurate data then get data that may not be accurate, sooner! About the Mitsui Golds, doesn't Ritek make them? (That's what I've heard from a couple sources). So how different are they from Ritek Golds?? the quality should be fairly similer right? or am I totally wrong on this one???[?]

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 25
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/23/2002 3:36:03 AM   
john

No Mitsui makes their own media and here you can buy their 48X very cheap (in 50 pieces spindle)

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 26
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/23/2002 9:08:20 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I know Mitsui makes their own media, but I've heard a couple times that Mitsui's Gold CD-Rs are actually made by Ritek.....I'll double check, cause I think I saw the Mitsui Gold's on their (Ritek's) price list [?]

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 27
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/23/2002 9:10:59 PM   
john

Maybe, i haven't tried Mitsui GOLD media [8)]

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 28
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/28/2002 8:03:59 PM   
rjw

I had hoped to fix things this week. But if seems that this won't be the case. So the results will finally be up on Monday.

According to my info Mitsui Gold is made by Mitsui(Japan,France,USA) or made inside the Taiwanese Prodisc factory with a Mitsui stamper and there own dye sollution and quality policy. I cannot find anything about Ritek and Mitsui working together. I know that the ULTRA and the MITSUI GOLD PROSTUDIO MAM disc's which are sold in Europe and are comming from there European factory.

Also there is a good change that even if Ritek might be makeing disc's for mitsui. (Which I find odd in the first place) Then we still have the problem that they aren't allowed to use the coatings,dye structure, laquers for there own disc's.
Which we have seen in the past with Prodisc own gold disc's.

Now I have seen fool's gold disc's by Ritek. These disc's are not true gold but only have some gold coating. So for that reason I allways kept myself away from Ritek incombination with Gold disc's.

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 29
RE: CMC Media agreement - 11/28/2002 8:55:42 PM   
john

I hope that we will read soon your tests [:p]

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 30
RE: CMC Media agreement - 12/3/2002 1:39:10 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Okay, I checked with my contact in Ritek, and here's what was said:

Me-

"Lastly, I'm wondering if you can answer a question of mine? I have heard that Ritek produces Mitsui's Gold CD-Rs, however, I hesitate to believe this information. Can you please confirm or deny this rumor for me?"

Ritek-

"We did produce the Gold CDRs before, but we don't manufacture this product line anymore, since it's an old item in the market already. So if you have any more inquiry, just let me know, and I will check our inventory for you."

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 31
RE: CMC Media agreement - 12/3/2002 11:22:09 AM   
rjw

Oops. Somethings are going wrong. Yesterday my schools network had some mayor problems and now my disc with the results seems to be damaged. [xx(]Will try to get the results up on Friday. Since I can only use internet at school at this moment and I won't be back on school before Friday. [:(!]

Old item. [?][?][?]
That's really strange check the site of MAM-E.
What's the newest disc's MAM-E has in there stock.
Ultra 24x.(GOLD) These disc's are made at the France factory of Mitsui/MAM-E (Manufacturing Advanced Media Europe/Mitsui Advanced Media Europe.)

Okay checking some other sources it seems that Ritek might have made some Mitsui Gold disc's in the past. (I'm still waiting for the complete info.)
It seems to be even before the deal with Prodisc started.
So in that case it would seem to fit that it's an old item.

(in reply to rjw)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: CMC Media agreement Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI