CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

many VCD on to a DVD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1111 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> many VCD on to a DVD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
many VCD on to a DVD - 6/22/2004 1:13:27 PM   
kpg

is there a way to take a bunch of VCDs and put them onto a DVD - create a menu for them and get it to play in stand alone dvd players?

or just fit a bunch of VCDs on to a DVD and get them to play consecutively

i looked on vcdhelp but didnt find anything - just fitting multiple dvds on to one dvd
Post #: 1
RE: many VCD on to a DVD - 6/22/2004 4:45:30 PM   
typingsux

I've done it with TMPengc DVD author. The files don't even re-encode, but I only made 1 disk.

(in reply to kpg)
Post #: 2
[Deleted] - 6/22/2004 5:01:57 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to typingsux)
  Post #: 3
RE: many VCD on to a DVD - 6/23/2004 8:15:07 AM   
kogos

quote:

ORIGINAL: kpg

is there a way to take a bunch of VCDs and put them onto a DVD - create a menu for them and get it to play in stand alone dvd players?

or just fit a bunch of VCDs on to a DVD and get them to play consecutively

i looked on vcdhelp but didnt find anything - just fitting multiple dvds on to one dvd

i whould also recommend TMPGEnc DVD Author. It is very easy to use and great quality...
You can also try ulead dvd workshop, with more dvd menu themes, but reduced quality...

The leader in DVD author still remains DVD Maestro, but the newest version is very difficult to be found... It is the program that hollywood producers uses to create video dvds...

(in reply to kpg)
Post #: 4
RE: many VCD on to a DVD - 6/23/2004 2:21:33 PM   
kpg

i havent tried the sugested programs yet

this may help clarify my question

im hoping not to re-encode the vcd files -- im hoping to beable to fit 4-5 vcd movies on one dvd and beable to play it in standalone dvd players as vcd

(in reply to kpg)
Post #: 5
RE: many VCD on to a DVD - 6/23/2004 2:53:52 PM   
typingsux

quote:

ORIGINAL: kpg

i havent tried the sugested programs yet

this may help clarify my question

im hoping not to re-encode the vcd files -- im hoping to beable to fit 4-5 vcd movies on one dvd and beable to play it in standalone dvd players as vcd

When I created the one DVD out of VCD files TMPengc didn't re-encode. I haven't investigated but I suspect that VCD being 352X240 is 1/2 DVD resolution so the files are DVD valid, unlike SVCD files.

Load your VCD files in and make menus then burn. It will probably work. I only say probably since YMMV with DVD stand-alone players.

(in reply to kpg)
Post #: 6
RE: many VCD on to a DVD - 6/23/2004 6:01:29 PM   
kogos

well said typingsux...

kpg, TMPG will not re-encode any files... your files will still be mpeg1 video streamed, and the vob files that you will create with DVD Author will have vcd video quality... but they will be 100% compatible with mpeg2 standards... How is this possible??? Believe me, it is... It could take a while to explain why, and the post might get enormous, but if you are really curious about this, just ask for more info and i'll make a short explain in dvd-video layouts, basic dvd-video structures and mpeg2 streams this weekend...
With TMPG DVD author you can even create chapters... BUT, you cannot put any subtitle in the vob files you create, and multi-sound is useless... However, for simple things like vcds-->dvd is great...

Just a quick info: video size will be 352X288 (vcd mpeg1 resolution), but that shouldn't worry you. Mpeg2 IS NOT always 720X576... DvD-video files can be sized as 720X576 (high quality), 352X576 (medium quality), and 352X288 (low quality)... For best TV viewing, video resolution should be adjusted according to AVB (Average Video Bitrate)... So, 720X576 for AVB value from 4000kbits/sec to 8000kbits/sec, 352X576 for AVB from 2000kbits/sec to 4000kbits/sec, and 352X288 for AVB from 750kbits/sec to 2000kbits/sec... AVB values higher than 8000kbits/sec are practically useless, as there is not known devices that can display such excellent image detail for moving pictures... AVB values lower than 1777kbits/sec are not recommended for PC usage, and AVB values are not recommended for TV viewing...

Anyway, i can write all day about these things... Hope i helped...

(in reply to typingsux)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> many VCD on to a DVD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI