CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 242 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/27/2004 4:36:40 PM   
Iggy

I don't know what would you say but personaly I would kill for a Subaru Impraza STI or a Mitsubishi EVO VIII, I can live even with the VI edition.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 97
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/27/2004 6:20:51 PM   
Cal 01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iggy

I don't know what would you say but personaly I would kill for a Subaru Impraza STI or a Mitsubishi EVO VIII, I can live even with the VI edition.

With the reviews that I have read about both of those cars they are not a bad choice at all!!!

"What you don't know WILL hurt you in time!"

Regards
Cal
clawso1

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 98
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/27/2004 6:30:09 PM   
Cal 01

I will offer my apology for calling MP3Mogul a "Nit-Wit" but I stand behind the rest of what I said! MP3Mogul I'm still waiting for you to post that Google search link.

Also, I don't understand MP3Mogul what you mean by saying buying a "Rice Burner" if you lived in Japan. Rice is a part of the American diet as well--- you could buy one for here too.

< Message edited by Cal 01 -- 10/27/2004 6:38:43 PM >

Regards
Cal
clawso1

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 99
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/27/2004 8:02:22 PM   
MP3Mogul

Cal.... you're from the USA...... Rice Burner refers to a jap vehicle...... been around for tons of years..... anyway, they are best, and I rate Toyota, then Honda..... But I like a nice full size gas guzzlin' american vehicle, and I like to support our economy...... our workers, not send it overseas.......

The key to "any" automatic transmission is to have it serviced when it is due. This does not mean, drop the transmission pan and change the filter, and refill it. This only gets 30 percent of the transmission fluid.

Vehicle manufacturers recommend a complete fluid exchange in todays market, a flush machine, that gets all of the old fluid out. As long as this is accomplished, it is not necessary to change the filter until 100,000 miles.

Toyota, and Honda's have steel, screen filters, no need to replace, they have not used paper elements for filters, thus prolonging the life of the filter, only necessary to clean it out.

Toyota and Honda, also recommend that you do not flush the transmission, simply drain it (both have drain plugs on their transmission pans) the pressure of a flush could overbear on the transmission pump, as both have low transmission pressures.

Anyway, this is a CDR/DVDR board right? What in the world are we doing talking about car maintenance????? LOL..... Peace Out.....

(in reply to Cal 01)
Post #: 100
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/27/2004 11:31:25 PM   
Cal 01

For the record when I had my Taurus I would drain the "Torque converter" to when changing transmission fluid.

Well, simply put "Free Discussions" area where we get the chance to shift the "Paradigm"!

< Message edited by Cal 01 -- 10/27/2004 11:38:19 PM >

Regards
Cal
clawso1

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 101
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/28/2004 12:25:55 AM   
SilentBob

Man, I never took the time to read this thread. Makes me miss my 1970 Chevelle SS with the bored out big block and 450+hp.

(in reply to Cal 01)
Post #: 102
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/28/2004 7:23:06 AM   
Iggy

How much does your horses eat? I mean what is the consumption for 450hp?

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 103
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/28/2004 9:40:03 AM   
SilentBob

HEh, it wasn't what I'd call fuel efficient, had to run premium most of the time with a can of octane boost every other tank. With the modified 4spd auto we put in (high-stall torque converter, full manual valvebody, stage III shift kit, corvette heavy duty pump, beefed up clutch packs) it could get ~18mpg if you babied it on the highway. Usually I got about 12-14 range cause I loved getting into the throttle. It used to love to bark the tires between 1st and 2nd when I gave the ratchet shifter a boot.

Man I miss that car, I had to sell it to finance a small portion of my last degree. I saw it a few weeks ago, the guy is taking good care of her. On the 1/4mile drag strip she turns 12.3 sec.... pretty fast.

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 104
RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! - 10/29/2004 3:00:54 AM   
Iggy

Too bad.

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 105
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> RE: Cars!!!!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI