CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

SecuRom NEW!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 622 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> SecuRom NEW! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SecuRom NEW! - 10/16/2002 11:09:16 AM   
Speed Kills

Okay, I read a Warcraft3 post, where someone mentioned Warcraft3 having the SecuRom NEW protection.

A week prior to today, I figured I'd try backing up my Warcraft3 game. So I went to www.gamecopyworld.com and used the settings for CloneCD4 found on the "Universal BackUP Settings" page. I read the CD using those settings and my Hi-Val CD reader (52X reader, was 20 bucks) and then burned it at full speed with my burner (Memorex 48MAXX). I then tried running the game with that CD (in the reader, not the burner) and it worked fine.

Now, I just bought a new game called Hotel Giant and scanned the CD with Clony XXL. It returned the copy protection as SecuRom NEW! So I figured "Awesome! I'll just use those same settings that I did for Warcraft3!" Well, after reading and burning it exactly the same, the new copy did not work. I've come up with 3 possible explanations:

1) Warcraft3 doesn't use SecuRom New protection (I scanned it with Clony XXL and it didnt even find a protection).
2) Clony XXL misread the protection of the Hotel Giant CD(doubtful)
3) I somehow burned them different (even though I'm 99.9% sure I didn't)

Any feedback/solutions would be helpful and appreciated. Anybody know what is going on or have any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/16/2002 1:14:49 PM   
Clint

Think "Hotel Giant" may be protected with SecuROM 4.77++ which is uncopyable. You may have to resort to a cr@ck. Not 100% sure though, but it's likely.

(in reply to Speed Kills)
Post #: 2
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/16/2002 1:24:24 PM   
Speed Kills

Thanks for the input, Clint! It is very appreciated.

Just for my information, why is SecuRom 4.77++ uncopyable? And is it going to stay uncopyable?

If you dont have time to respond, don't worry about it. But thanks in advance if you do!

Post #: 3
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/16/2002 1:31:59 PM   
Tron

Nothing can stay "uncopyable" LOL..... It is too new to know what is going on yet. But you can bet that someone will overcome it. Give it time...

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

Post #: 4
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/16/2002 3:34:00 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Yep they sure will I would like to bet someone is working on it at this very moment !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

Post #: 5
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/16/2002 4:09:06 PM   
Clint

quote:
Originally posted by Speed Kills

Thanks for the input, Clint! It is very appreciated.

Just for my information, why is SecuRom 4.77++ uncopyable? And is it going to stay uncopyable?

If you dont have time to respond, don't worry about it. But thanks in advance if you do!

Why? Well because Sony DADC (makers of SecuROM) have added additional measures to check that the backup is on CD-R/RW media. The newest SecuROM games have been mastered on special glass masters, and the new protection can physically check the source disc's parameters to see if it indeed is a copy.

It's not likely to stay uncopyable, but probably long enough for the game to become "yesterday's news" and then the protection has done it's job anyways... You can mount the image in DAEMON Tools, or try find a no CD patch or something to play your legitimately purchased software without the risk of damaging those precious originals.

And yes of coarse *many* people are working on it right now, hope they can come up with a work-around or 1:1 will not be possible like the good old'e days.

The same applies to games protected with VOB ProtectCD 5, CD Cops and StarForce protected software.

Post #: 6
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/16/2002 5:31:39 PM   
atomic_zORRo

FYI,

allegedly it should be possible with GameJack 2.0 to copy each CD
even Tages, StarForce, SecuRom 4+ ...[?]

www.disc4you.de/news/september2002/090502_03.html (only in German)

Whether that is again a marketing gag ? [:o)]

atomic_zORRo [}:)]

Post #: 7
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/16/2002 11:42:22 PM   
john

Good news. Can you make a short translation? This GameJack works in English language?

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

Post #: 8
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/17/2002 1:31:50 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi John
Your wish is my Command !!!

GameJack 2 now with XMD

The new version of the play copier GameJack is equipped according to indication of the offerer S.A.D. with the new medium format XMD the angel man Media GmbH. Thus there is to hardly still be CD, which cannot be copied with GameJack.

(Disc4You/ ub - 05,09,2002) - XMD is the new magic word in the copying scene. With the new format, developed and patented of the angel man Media GmbH, then copies of CDs are to be provided to be able, if these are actually unavoidably copy-protected. Thus also procedures seem themselves such as Starforce not to prove CD Cops, the current VOB Potect and the completely new Securom as resistant although they are able, exactly pit and country to regard and for distinctions examine.

GameJacks 2 new DPM mode (DATA position Measurement) makes the production for a copy possible over an image in such a way specified. This is put on on non removable disk and contains not only contents of the CD which can be copied but also the accurate local position of the data. This nothing, because he cannot reproduce nevertheless the exact situation of the data, uses the play to a CD recorder from non removable disk can then however very probably be played. In addition it ' is inserted ' simply and moving in drive assemblies virtual of GameJacks and started. To better handling many images on non removable disk or also on DVD, and/or CD GameJack bring along an efficient virtual drive assembly administration.

A further innovation of the successor of the popular copying program is the possibility of accommodating images on several blanks. In this way also images can be secured, which are larger than the maximum storage capacity of a CD medium - which can happen very fast. If a play provokes for example the entire capacity of a 80-minute blank out and in the image also still if the information about the situation of the data is then accommodated, this catapults the size of the image over the maximum receptiveness of a blank. The solution is called therefore splitting up the image and reassembly when playing. For both GameJack provides .

Additionally S.A.D. the program a drive assembly test spendiert. This analyzed on physical level the drive assemblies on their write abilities and reading, installed in the system. A data base helps during the evaluation of the results. If it should hold itself around an unknown drive assembly, an on-line inquiry is loose-sent, in order to seek out identical firmware. To this data base also the test results of the unknown drive assembly will transfer, so that they are to different users in the future also at the disposal - if the user wishes this.

How S.A.D. communicates, GameJack will appear 2 soon. Users of the older 1.2-Version can update free of charge on the new version. Exceptions are however the owners of the straight full version 1.2 appeared on a magazine CD.

This is as near translation as I could get Mate I hope this Helps !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

Post #: 9
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/17/2002 4:26:40 AM   
SirDavidGuy

Is possible, except maybe with Securom 4, which is still unfigured out.

Groupthink

Post #: 10
RE: SecuRom NEW! - 10/17/2002 10:22:23 AM   
atomic_zORRo

The time will show it us whether the Proggy is really the nightmare [}:)] of all copy protection manufacturers [:o)]! It can also be that the copy protection is emulated "only", as it already Daemon Tools is doing.
Lets wait and see then ...

atomic_zORRo [^]

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> SecuRom NEW! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI