CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

What CD-RW Media do you recommend ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1499 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 1:30:17 AM   
Roman Tribune

I have a Lite-On 48246S and wanted to know what CD-RW media you would recommend to use with it.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 1:54:14 AM   
mitchel

quote:
Originally posted by Roman Tribune

I have a Lite-On 48246S and wanted to know what CD-RW media you would recommend to use with it.

Thanks

Well you can get a F1 and try the 24x disk they have with it. Thats the only one I'v seen so far.

(in reply to Roman Tribune)
Post #: 2
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 2:18:51 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey mitchel
Either stick to the Topic or don't make posts !!!

Hi Roman Tribune
I suggest if you are looking for some cheap good quality for your Lite-on you try the Ritek 40x !!!
I hope this Helps !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

Post #: 3
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 2:45:18 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

ProDisc and Ritek do very well in LiteON burners. CMCs often have a BLUR of less then 2%, avoid DST (BLUR of 26%+)

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

Post #: 4
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 5:04:46 AM   
Roman Tribune

Thanks Laffin and Dolphin. I'll take that under consideration. However, could you also recommend some good quality CD-RW media, even if it is expensive.

Thanks

Post #: 5
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 5:29:19 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Well the best one I have come across so far are the Ricoh and also the Verbatim and they are both high quality !!!
I hope this helps !!!

Post #: 6
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 6:36:46 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I've had no problems with CMC RWs, I've had problems with Princo RWs (as in, they peel and flake after a couple uses...we had a very unhappy customer.....) So, anything but Princo is my opinion :)

Post #: 7
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 7:02:18 AM   
Laffin Assassin

You are not still trying to tell us that CMC are good quality are you because they are one of the worst CD's I have every used and I am not on my own with that opinion of them most of our Moderators and Experienced users keep well away from them and that must be why you are on our Forum so you can get rid of them !!!

Post #: 8
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 10:34:07 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Laffin: ouch, sounds like you had a bad day or something, please don't take it out on me. This is a forum, and I have an opinion. I also happen to have experience. I may be new here, but I've been burning CD for about 5 years now, and I've been using CMCs for most of that time. and I have never, and I mean NEVER had a problem with their CD-RWs, have you ever tried a CMC CD-RW??? they're alot better then Princo, I can tell you that, at least they don't start flaking after a few uses. are CMCs good quality? well, I think that's up to each person and their burner to decide. They ARE cheaper then Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui, and in most cases good enough for the task. And as manager of a CD-media store, I tell you, I could not in good conscience recommend Taiyo Yuden over CMC to a person who'd be only keeping the CD for a week, or only filling it up a quarter of the way (since CMCs only have problems after 65min or so *IF* they do). I know the CDs I sell, and I PERSONALLY use CMC very often. I don't need to "get rid of them" as they sell rather well. SO if you have a beef with me, or my opinion, take it to me in e-mail, not in the forum.

Post #: 9
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 1:33:04 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I don't have a beef with you ( Yet ) and as for your Orders to take it to e-mail, not in the forum. I think you have forgotten who is the Moderator here it is Deffinetly not You in case you have forgotten !!! We are here to give Good Accurate Information so just do a search on Our Forum and the Internet for CMC and see what most people think of them
And just because you have loads of CMC'S to sell and can't get rid of them there is no reason to start throwing your Teddies out of your Pram !!!
And as for you saying " I could not in good conscience recommend Taiyo Yuden over CMC to a person who'd be only keeping the CD for a week, or only filling it up a quarter of the way (since CMCs only have problems after 65min or so "
So what you are saying is that you reccomend CMC as long as you only keep the CD no longer than a week. Well I think that has said everything for me and tells everyone what you really think of them. And I will Openly say that CMC are no where near as good quality as Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui and I would like to bet your So called Store dosen't even stock Taiyo Yuden and Mitsui !!!
And to get back to the Topic Roman was asking " could you also recommend some good quality CD-RW media, even if it is expensive."
And you recommend CMC yet again even though Roman has asking for good quality CDRW and he is not bothered about the price and the best around at the moment are Ricoh and the Verbatim he is asking for Quality not Quantity !!!

Post #: 10
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 2:44:27 PM   
Roman Tribune

Gentlemen:

I appreciate the lively discussion. I never expected a heated debate, but I thank you both for the information. Unfortunately Dolphinuis_Rex, I agree wholeheartedly with Laffin Assassin on the issue of how good CMC media are. I've purused the Internet and some other forums such as CD Freaks and Free CDR Recording Software's, and they generally say the same thing about the CMC media. Its not ranked very high in terms of its quality. Taiyo Yuden media is ranked very high.

The reason for asking my questions here is because I always seem to get a decent response from knowledgeable people in a reasonable amount of time.

With that said, I'll be more specific with what I am doing with this media as well. I want to backup my entire computer system using this CD-RW media in case, god forbid, it crashes and locks me out or becomes virus ridden. That's why I asked about quality the 2nd time. I want these CD-RW's to last, so in case I have to reinstall my system say in 6 months, I won't have worry if the media I used to backup my system is still functional.

I've learned that even if you have a hard drive backup of your system, its always good to have a 2nd backup just in case the inevitable happens.

Again, I am very appreciative of the feedback.

Post #: 11
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 3:25:03 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Again Roman Tribune
You are welcome on the Forum anytime and we always try to help as much as we can !!!
As for you backing the hard-drive up I personally use Norton Antivirus and to backup the h/d I use Norton Ghost and make a backup on to a spare hard-drive that is always installed but it always dissabled untill I need to either back the hard-drive up or get an Image from it to restore the main Drive and it works very well without any problems !!!
I hope this Helps !!!

Post #: 12
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 7:06:54 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Ok, here's a question then: Has anybody actually seen a CD-RW comparason? all the "official" testing I've seen has been on CD-Rs.

Post #: 13
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 8:49:02 PM   
rjw

No CD-RW comparing yet however some life experience. Which is most times even better than a review.
To answer the question short:
Any CD-RW made by Mitsubishi Chemicals is good and there really the best cd-rw's out there.
If you want to be sure that you get the real thing then buy Verbatim Datalife Plus CD-RW's or Mitsubishi CD-RW's.

If you want a longer answer: Then check for a longer posting from my hand with my experience of different brands here:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6344

At this moment some of the my Mitsubishi are used for more then 80 rewritings. And still no problems and zero damaged sectors in NERO SPEED. Only one of the twenty disc's which I use is damaged so far and this was because of a bad tray mechanism. The tray hit the disc very hard on the outside of the disc.You can clearly see a scratch.
Still the part is just damaged according to NERO. This last one is now used for music compilations which will not use the full 80 minutes.

Now I will try to talk some magazines to do a cd-rw test and I think that there is a very big change that one of these magazines will do it.

Post #: 14
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/16/2002 8:54:32 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Thanks for the Info rjw and confirming that the Verbatim CDRW are high Quality !!!

Post #: 15
RE: What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? - 10/19/2002 1:42:08 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Dolphinius_Rex

Ok, here's a question then: Has anybody actually seen a CD-RW comparason? all the "official" testing I've seen has been on CD-Rs.

I suggest you go to this Forum and see what the lads on there say about your CMC :-
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1997
I am sure they will love you over there if you make some posts like you have done on here by the way "cd-rw.org" is the Admin give him my regards !!!

Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> What CD-RW Media do you recommend ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI