CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

"Overclocked" Media for LiteOn 812s   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 864 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> "Overclocked" Media for LiteOn 812s Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Overclocked" Media for LiteOn 812s - 6/13/2004 11:53:41 AM   
iceman5a

Hi there. I eventually bought the LiteOn 812s for burning DVDs. Quite impressed with the drive. I've downloaded the Omnipatcher from the Codeguys website. I've been wondering if anyone had experiences with overclocking their drive's write strategies to improve write speed on various media. Does anyone know where I can find info on how fast a specific disc can be written? And which ones work beter in the LiteOn?

Thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: "Overclocked" Media for LiteOn 812s - 6/13/2004 6:46:51 PM   
MP3Mogul

I've personally had great experience overclocking the 4X Maxell, Ricoh, and Sony discs... also the Phillips...

(in reply to iceman5a)
Post #: 2
RE: "Overclocked" Media for LiteOn 812s - 6/13/2004 6:58:06 PM   
emperor

iceman5a, a logical procedure is to make the branded 4X media able to burn up to 8X. Measuring the PI/PIF error rate among with the compatibility, will show if the media overclock was ok or not. Since we don't have much time, we haven't tested yet, such overclocking...

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> "Overclocked" Media for LiteOn 812s Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI