CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 489 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ - 10/4/2002 4:54:56 PM   
Blackfoot

Guys the unsuccessful attempts of many people to burn Securom *NEW* protected games (Warcraft3 being the most common) is astounding. Just about every formidable software out there has an option to burn the new Securom protection, but none of them have seemed to work for me.

I have a Pioneer DVD-106S Reader, and a Lite-On 40125W CD-Rw Drive. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to burn them both with various CloneCD 4 settings and with any version of ClonyXXL - ClonyXXL doesn't even detect the protection on my hard drive after I've installed Warcraft3, for example, and followed the 'detect new Securom' instructions.

*UPDATE*[:0]I've just used Alcohol-Burner 120% using the Securom *NEW* Setting to burn Warcraft3 successfully - it will work in my Pioneer DVD-Rom, though not in my Lite-On 40x Wmodel burner. I'm assuming this is due to the ATIP check of the burner, and is normal[?] - anyway, it installs and plays with the reader, so it's successfull.[:0]
*UPDATE #2*[:I]Used Hide-CDR Media function and it still wouldn't run in my burner. Burned it again with Alcohol, but this time read and wrote with the Lite-On - I now have a full 1:1 copy that will work 100% in my reader and will also work in my burner with the Hide-CDR Media function enabled. Yay![:I]

There needs to be a FAQ and a sticky about this, because I'm sure this protection is the next SafeDisc2 - at least we have a correct consensus on how to actually burn SafeDisc2 now, the only limitation being your hardware. We do not, however, even know how to burn Warcraft3, but some have succeeded in doing so. It can't be magic, they must be doing something we're leaving out.

This should be a FAQ for what to do when burning the Securom *NEW* protection, and Warcraft3 can be cited as your example for how to burn.

List what software, hardware, and settings you have used. Also list any hardware that is not able to burn the new protection. I'm not even sure if my hardware (see above) will do it, because I've burned about 15 coasters. [V]
Post #: 1
RE: Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ - 10/5/2002 4:43:45 PM   
stretcharmstrong

The most important thing when copying a securom new disc is to read/write audio and data subchannel info and to uncheck fast error skip in CCD. This seems to have the most success. Also, you want to use a good reader/writer. Check to see how your reader and burner handle subchannel data. Correct EFM encoding is not neccessary for Securom new. If your reader isn't rated RAW+96 and your writer isn't rated at RAW-DAO+96 you most likely will have problems. Check www.elby.com to see how your hardware stacks up.

Best Data-Read Mode
RAW+96 = 2352 bytes RAW Data + 96 Bytes P-W Subchannel Data. This is the best mode for CloneCD. Reads all subchannel information like ISRC, Catalog Numbers, CD+G, CD+MIDI, Gaps, Indices, Digital Signatures.
RAW+16 = 2352 bytes RAW Data + 16 Bytes P-Q Subchannel Data. This is the second best mode for CloneCD. Reads most subchannel information like Gaps, Indices and most Digital Signatures.
RAW = 2352 bytes RAW Data. No Subchannel Data can be read.
- = Reading from this drive is not supported.

Best Write Mode
RAW-DAO 96 = 2352 bytes RAW Data + 96 Bytes P-W Subchannel Data. This is the best mode for CloneCD. It allows writing of all subchannel information, including Digital Signatures, CD-Text, ISRC, Catalog Numbers, CD+G, CD+MIDI, Gaps, Indices and Crazy TOCs.
RAW-DAO 94 = 2352 bytes RAW Data + 94 Bytes P-W Subchannel Data. Same as RAW-DAO 96, but 2-Bytes CRC of the Q Subchannel are generated by the writer.
RAW-DAO 16 = 2352 bytes RAW Data + 16 Bytes P-Q Subchannel Data. This is the second best mode for CloneCD. It allows writing of most subchannel information, including most Digital Signatures, ISRC, Catalog Numbers, Gaps, Indices and Crazy TOCs. 2-Bytes CRC of the Q Subchannel are generated by the writer.
RAW-SAO = 2352 bytes RAW Data. This is the third best mode for CloneCD. Feature support is drive dependend. ISRC, Catalog Numbers and Indices can be written. Usually CD-Text, CD+G and CD+MIDI can be written as well. Crazy TOCs and Digital Signatures can't be written in this mode.
SAO = 2352 bytes error corrected Data. This is the worst mode for CloneCD. Writing of ISRC, Catalog Numbers, Indices and usually CD-Text is supported.
- = Writing to this drive is not supported. CloneCD will not recognize the drive as a CD-Recorder.

(in reply to Blackfoot)
Post #: 2
RE: Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ - 10/5/2002 4:45:41 PM   
stretcharmstrong

The above will NOT work on the newest Securom new release found on UT 2003 and NOLF 2. We just have to wait and see if/when Ollie gets this fixed.

(in reply to Blackfoot)
Post #: 3
RE: Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ - 10/6/2002 6:58:34 AM   
Tron

Thanks Stretchy... You the same guy as in CDR ECT? If it is, then you know me.....

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Blackfoot)
Post #: 4
RE: Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ - 10/6/2002 8:04:01 PM   
stretcharmstrong

I am one and the same....and yes I was wondering if that was you too, hehe.

(in reply to Blackfoot)
Post #: 5
RE: Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ - 10/7/2002 9:22:22 AM   
Clint

quote:
Originally posted by Blackfoot

Guys the unsuccessful attempts of many people to burn Securom *NEW* protected games (Warcraft3 being the most common) is astounding. Just about every formidable software out there has an option to burn the new Securom protection, but none of them have seemed to work for me.

I have a Pioneer DVD-106S Reader, and a Lite-On 40125W CD-Rw Drive. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to burn them both with various CloneCD 4 settings and with any version of ClonyXXL - ClonyXXL doesn't even detect the protection on my hard drive after I've installed Warcraft3, for example, and followed the 'detect new Securom' instructions.

*UPDATE*[:0]I've just used Alcohol-Burner 120% using the Securom *NEW* Setting to burn Warcraft3 successfully - it will work in my Pioneer DVD-Rom, though not in my Lite-On 40x Wmodel burner. I'm assuming this is due to the ATIP check of the burner, and is normal[?] - anyway, it installs and plays with the reader, so it's successfull.[:0]
*UPDATE #2*[:I]Used Hide-CDR Media function and it still wouldn't run in my burner. Burned it again with Alcohol, but this time read and wrote with the Lite-On - I now have a full 1:1 copy that will work 100% in my reader and will also work in my burner with the Hide-CDR Media function enabled. Yay![:I]

There needs to be a FAQ and a sticky about this, because I'm sure this protection is the next SafeDisc2 - at least we have a correct consensus on how to actually burn SafeDisc2 now, the only limitation being your hardware. We do not, however, even know how to burn Warcraft3, but some have succeeded in doing so. It can't be magic, they must be doing something we're leaving out.

This should be a FAQ for what to do when burning the Securom *NEW* protection, and Warcraft3 can be cited as your example for how to burn.

List what software, hardware, and settings you have used. Also list any hardware that is not able to burn the new protection. I'm not even sure if my hardware (see above) will do it, because I've burned about 15 coasters. [V]

The SecuROM version on Warcraft 3 is easily by passed with a reliable subs reader. The above is old news to me.

SecuROM v4.8+ (and late versions of 4.77) CANNOT BE DUPLICATED AT ALL, WITH ANY HARDWARE/SOFTWARE at this time.

(in reply to Blackfoot)
Post #: 6
RE: Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ - 10/7/2002 9:54:40 AM   
Tron

Well a public welcome to you then! Nice to see you here!

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Blackfoot)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Securom *NEW* - A Burning FAQ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI