CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Ridisc DVD-R 8X   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 479 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Ridisc DVD-R 8X Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 5/14/2004 8:25:33 AM   
chojin

What are these like ??

(8x) Ridisc DVD-R in 25 disc spindle tubs
ADVDINFO: RITEK G05

TIA

This is where I can get them from.
http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/FOR_DVD_R_RW_CLICK_HERE.html

***GO BOIL YOUR HEAD***
Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 5/14/2004 9:40:56 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to chojin)
  Post #: 2
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 5/14/2004 10:02:56 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I have to disagree. Although Ritek is fully capable of producing reliable and high quality results, time and time again they have also shown that they are equally interested in flooding the market with 'B' 'C' 'D' and lower grade discs.

There has been a continued swing in the industry to move away from supporting Ritek. You will see this in the huge movement of larger brand names away from using Ritek as their OEM. Both Maxell and Memorex have moved away from Ritek, and I believe Samsung has also switched or will be switching as well. Other brands have also been having issues, and I know that Ritek is becoming very concerned with this sudden loss of big customers in the last 6 months. Not only this, but many Ritek dealers, such as myself, have become rather upset at the inconsistancy of quality between shipments of product, and have largly cut back, or removed altogether the Ritek product line.

It should be very interesting to see if Ritek decides to clean up their act, or continue to increase production and sales of crap quality media!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 5/14/2004 11:13:37 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
  Post #: 4
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 5/14/2004 12:32:09 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

quote:

ORIGINAL: minos

Accepted! I have tested some G05 and they were ok, not very good but good. Believe me I have seen worst, that's why I said in my previous post good.

Hehe, you can *ALWAYS* find worse media

Post #: 5
[Deleted] - 5/14/2004 8:12:48 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

Post #: 6
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 5/16/2004 5:17:25 PM   
chojin

So who is taking over as the best DVD-r or +r disc's then ? Or close to the best ???

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dolphinius_Rex

I have to disagree. Although Ritek is fully capable of producing reliable and high quality results, time and time again they have also shown that they are equally interested in flooding the market with 'B' 'C' 'D' and lower grade discs.

There has been a continued swing in the industry to move away from supporting Ritek. You will see this in the huge movement of larger brand names away from using Ritek as their OEM. Both Maxell and Memorex have moved away from Ritek, and I believe Samsung has also switched or will be switching as well. Other brands have also been having issues, and I know that Ritek is becoming very concerned with this sudden loss of big customers in the last 6 months. Not only this, but many Ritek dealers, such as myself, have become rather upset at the inconsistancy of quality between shipments of product, and have largly cut back, or removed altogether the Ritek product line.

It should be very interesting to see if Ritek decides to clean up their act, or continue to increase production and sales of crap quality media!

< Message edited by chojin -- 5/16/2004 5:18:08 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 5/16/2004 10:01:15 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

DVD-R and DVD+R are pretty equal in quality when it comes down to it. DVD-R probably has more low quality manufacturers though.

As for who makes the best media? Taiyo Yuden and Mitsubishi always seem to be the best.... however, Mitsubishi is doing more sales of technology now, and no so much media manufacturing. It's almost as if as soon as Mitsubishi finishes making a new technology, they pawn production of it onto CMC, and move on to the next "latest and greatest" technology. Taiyo Yuden on the other hand still does a lot of their own research and development, but also continue manufacturing of their media, and outsource VERY little.

(in reply to chojin)
Post #: 8
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 8/2/2004 8:11:11 PM   
panoramixx

Last week I bought a pack of Ridisc 4X G04 and today I received these:

wiht this media info:

Ridisc 4X -> RITEK G05??????

Post #: 9
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 8/2/2004 9:47:07 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

wow! Well, from my own experience I would say the G05 is a glorified 4x DVD-R... but I'm sure Ritek would disagree with me

(in reply to panoramixx)
Post #: 10
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 8/5/2004 8:00:11 PM   
vitormsm

quote:

ORIGINAL: panoramixx

Last week I bought a pack of Ridisc 4X G04 and today I received these:

wiht this media info:

Ridisc 4X -> RITEK G05??????

How good were they @4x? Got one of those here in Portugal too, and it's seems a reject batch from Ritek or even fake (like yours: upsidedown violet logo, typos and scratched surface)

Old G04s from RiDisc gave me much better results

(in reply to panoramixx)
Post #: 11
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 8/6/2004 2:27:01 PM   
emperor

There is a problem with Ritek's quality, it seems that some G04 are good and some not, so would be batch dependable

(in reply to vitormsm)
Post #: 12
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 8/8/2004 7:18:42 AM   
panoramixx

Burned at 4X:

Burned at 8X:

The results aren't great.., but they aren't too bad either...., probably changing the strategy better results are obtained, and also it's true that with another type of -R media better results will be able to be obtained.., but I bought this media for 0.76 €/unit 4X branded, and I can burn them at 8X with an acceptable quality.., so I don't think that they are a fake.

My previous Rimax G04 burned much better at 4X, but they did a horrible burn at 8X.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 13
[Deleted] - 8/8/2004 5:39:52 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to panoramixx)
  Post #: 14
RE: Ridisc DVD-R 8X - 8/8/2004 6:52:51 PM   
panoramixx

quote:

ORIGINAL: minos

The 4X is excellent while 8X is good. Do you believe P-CAV is might be the problem?

I refer to change media strategy, not driver strategy.
Perhaps with G06, MXL RG03, S04 or TYG02 strategies the burn is better.., I don't know, I don't tried it because the above results are OK for me.

Post #: 15
[Deleted] - 8/9/2004 4:06:37 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to panoramixx)
  Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Ridisc DVD-R 8X Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI