CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Which CDRs will work on my CDR Drive :(   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1327 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Which CDRs will work on my CDR Drive :( Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which CDRs will work on my CDR Drive :( - 9/30/2002 3:49:08 AM   
guynamedjohn

[B)] I think I have a Phillips 4801 CDR-RW drive, and it seems to be picky with certain CD brands....ive tried imation ones that are 700MB and they dont work at all....(comp crashed), I tried another 700MB brand and it worked, but only at low speed, but it works fine at high speeds with 650MB TDK/Sony ones...Im planning to move a lot of mp3/video/work files onto CD to reformat my computer, but I dont know whether the media brand I want to use (im trying to find the cheapest..brand name arent particular important) will work...are they are ways to find out?
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Which CDRs will work on my CDR Drive :( - 10/1/2002 6:26:26 PM   
rjw

Cheap disc's which should work okay are the b-brands of Taiyo Yuden.
Most times these are named. Sentinel, Parrot(16x/24x), Taibotech, That's (not the same as That's write)
Any disc made by Taiyo Yuden will state Japan as country in which it was made.
Also sometimes Fuji can be bought very cheap and also Fuji uses TY allong with there own disc's. (Made in Japan fuji's are the TY's)

Any disc from Taiyo Yuden or Mitsui will work correct with a Philips burner that is my experience. Mitsui really works very good with them. The only problem is that most compannies use TY or Mitsui are manufacturer do not sell there disc's cheap.
TDK have used the following manufacturers:
TY,TDK,Ritek,CMC
Sony has used the following manufacturers:
TY,Mitsui,SONY
Imation is also made by CMC and are very poor disc's.

(in reply to guynamedjohn)
Post #: 2
RE: Which CDRs will work on my CDR Drive :( - 10/3/2002 11:00:22 PM   
guynamedjohn

Ok thanks for your help :)

(in reply to guynamedjohn)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Which CDRs will work on my CDR Drive :( Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI