Please check this out:
1. Disable DMA - set the ide-channel where your burner is to pio-mode in bios and windows.
2. Get a cdr with TY-layer (Sony, Fuji, ...).
3. Make now a transfer-test with neroīs cd-speed and look, if it can ending the test or if it stops after 5-10% too.
If it stops, goto step 6. If cd-speed can ending his test goto step 4.
4. Defrag your hd-partition and make an image with nero on hd.
5. Take the cdr with the TY-layer and burn this image with 12x-speed.
If it stops, goto step 6. If not, let DMA off and use cdrīs with TY-layer in the furture (many "cheap" burners have problems with ritek and other layers).
6. If you have a mainboard with via-chipset, make same tests with and without viaīs 4in1-ide-driver.
7. If you have an intel-chipset, install intels inf-driver and the application-accelerator and make the tests again (read the manual first, if your chipset is compatible with this drivers, of course).
If your burner now works, your problem is solved. If not, goto 8.
8. Change the IDE-channels. Put your burner at secondary-master and test it again. If it donīt solves your problem, goto 9.
9. It seems, that your burner is damaged. Bring it back to your seller and get a new one. Goto step 100.
100. Next time you buy a burner, get a Yamaha F1!
- RaMaTz -