CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 944 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD - 9/20/2002 9:51:17 AM   
YS4

HI

I just got my new liteon LTR-40125S today, so I replaced my old no-brand CD-ROM with my old CD-RW which is YAMAHA6416S. So now I'm using my liteon as the writer and YAMAHA as the reader. One weird thing happened, I successfully burned the diablo2: LoD in just like 4 mins(haha..a lot of faster than the old one). Anyhow, when I inserted my burned Diablo2 EXP into my yamaha drive, nothing happened, no autorun which it should have, when i go check "my computer" it said "error function" or something like that........but when i put it into my liteon cdrw...it worked just fine....autoplayed....showed on "my computer" as well.....i burned it twice.......same thing......once with burn-proof, the other one without(does it make any difference???)
Is there something wrong with it? or is this setup(YAMAHA6416s SCSI + Liteon 40125S ATAPI)proper???

and i also heard from my friends, it's not good to use your cdrw to read cds. Is that true? if it is, why?

PLEASE HELP ME!!! THX
Post #: 1
RE: HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD - 9/20/2002 10:20:42 AM   
Tron

CD Writers have the ability to see the ATIP info, a CDrom can not. So the software migtht be checking to see if the disc in the drive is a copy or an original. SecureRom (Which I think Diablo2 uses) does do this. There are ways to work around this. I know that CloneCD has an option to hide this, and allow you to play your leagaly backed up software.....

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to YS4)
Post #: 2
RE: HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD - 9/20/2002 3:19:41 PM   
rjw

The reason why people say that it's no good to use your writer as a reader is because the drive is used more so it will die sooner.
The strangest thing is that it seems that writers who are used much also as cd-rom players die sooner as the writers who are use only for burning. It is said that this because of the intense use of the servo and the laser pick-up.

(in reply to YS4)
Post #: 3
RE: HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD - 9/20/2002 4:58:56 PM   
Tron

No, what I said is true. There is protection that makes software not run correctly on writers. Trust me....

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to YS4)
Post #: 4
RE: HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD - 9/20/2002 8:45:56 PM   
YS4

first of all, thx for replying, guys!

however, this is not my first time burning Diablo2, and i know it uses securerom new. It worked just fine on my other computer back home(SONY SCSI writer burned using cloneCD, regular cd-rom read) maybe just like Tron said, i missed checking some option in clonecd. This is what I have now: read subchannel data from Data track, read subchannel data from Audio track, Fact Error skip OFF, dont repair subchannel data, and close last session. Anything i'm missing here?

(in reply to YS4)
Post #: 5
RE: HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD - 9/21/2002 2:22:40 AM   
MP3Mogul

Tron IS correct, if you play this on a CD-Writer you will have to check the Hide-CDR Media key with CloneCD!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to YS4)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> HELP!YAMAHA6416S cant read burned Diablo2 exp: LoD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI