CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: CMC bad??   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 744 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: CMC bad?? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CMC bad?? - 9/30/2002 2:19:28 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Well in that case I am not going to tell you !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Dolphinius_Rex)
Post #: 49
RE: CMC bad?? - 9/30/2002 2:23:06 AM   
Graffitti

yeah.... that's right.... we should all be elitest here in the cdrinfo forums, and keep every bit of possible valuable information to ourselves.

Post #: 50
RE: CMC bad?? - 9/30/2002 2:33:56 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Graffitti

no.... I didn't say that anywhere. Did I?
I just wanted to have some more insight on which exact ritek doesn't work cause I too have a CRW-F1 and want to know so I can avoid them.

There is an easy answer to that avoid all Riteks untill Yamaha Sort this problem out and then you won't end up with Coasters If you think I am going to go through them all and say which work and which don't you must think the Moon is Made of Cheese all I can say is all the Ritek's I have tried have had problems with the F1 and it is down to the Firmware as they work just fine on all my other 5 Writers including the Yamaha 3200e as me and MP3Mogul have told you loads of times already !!!

Post #: 51
RE: CMC bad?? - 9/30/2002 12:31:13 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Just thought I should drop another post to say that I still don't have any problems with CMC CD-Rs...LiteON burners seem to like them fine...for that matter, so do AOpen 40x12x48x burners. I'm still batting an average of 0% defective CD-Rs, with 0% unreadable blocks, and less then 2% damaged upon burning. All of which I personally consider within acceptable parameters.

on the other hand, Ritek still ticks me off....though it appears they make the Black CD-Rs I enjoy so much...so maybe they arn't ALL bad... :)

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

Post #: 52
RE: CMC bad?? - 9/30/2002 1:40:09 PM   
MP3Mogul

I only have a few of the Ritek's left, I will try to get some info on them and post it as time permits!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 53
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/4/2002 5:50:56 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

what is the likely/possible impact of having a BLER of just under 2% damaged (0% unreadable)????

Post #: 54
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/4/2002 12:11:17 PM   
Clint

Maybe the incompatibility may not lie in the firmware... There is only so much firmware programming can do. Previous Yamaha recorders were not made on Yamaha chipsets, but OAK chipsets. This changed a bit with the CRW-F1 which Yamaha designed it's own LSI for DiscT@2 and the other features, this change for the F1 would have called for a new PUH and laser components.

Ritek media may never be supported 100% accurate with the F1 series, only Yamaha know, because it's quality may not be high enough as to what Yamaha engineers want. It can be 'tweaked' with firmware, but you never know...

[:0]

Post #: 55
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/4/2002 5:29:56 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well how wrong can you be Clint I have said from the begining that it was a firmware problem and Guess what it was !!!
I have just installed the newly released 1.0d Firmware and I now can Use Ritek again without coasters HORRAY !!!
I have just tested the USB2 F-1 and The Internal F1 and we are back in action no coasters after 5 tests on each Writer !!!
You see Yamaha do listen to their Customers Needs unlike some Manufacturers !!!

Post #: 56
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/5/2002 12:44:13 AM   
MP3Mogul

I'll second that Laffin, my Riteks are flawless too now, so it did have to be a firmware issue! I'm glad that got it resolved. Now if they can do a firmware for C2 errors it would be nice!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 57
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/6/2002 9:46:20 AM   
Clint

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

Well how wrong can you be Clint I have said from the begining that it was a firmware problem and Guess what it was !!!

I didn't say it was'nt. If you had of read the post correctly before opening your mouth to soon (again), you would have seen I was merely suggesting a *possibility*. Thats why I put "may", and the firmware "can be 'tweaked' with firmware, but you never know..."

Who's to say C1 errors aren't so high and even C2 errors occuring making it a real bad burn.

Anyone care to burn a Ritek made CD-R and scan with WSES for C1/C2 errors and post the graph [?]

Post #: 58
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/6/2002 4:08:50 PM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Clint

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

I didn't say it was'nt. If you had of read the post correctly before opening your mouth to soon (again), you would have seen I was merely suggesting a *possibility*. Thats why I put "may", and the firmware "can be 'tweaked' with firmware, but you never know..."
Who's to say C1 errors aren't so high and even C2 errors occuring making it a real bad burn.
Anyone care to burn a Ritek made CD-R and scan with WSES for C1/C2 errors and post the graph [?]

Thank you for your Helpfull Information !!!

Post #: 59
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/7/2002 5:04:28 AM   
pierre71

I just bought a stack of 100 TDK 48x, that turend out to be CMC. My hopes were that they were TY, like my several qty100 stack of TDK32x. I have a Liteon LTD-166S, Plextor 8x20 burner, Plextor 16x burner, and asus 48x burner. Are there any programs out there that will work with any of these drives that can do a more stringent check (C1?) errors? After burning a few cds @48x CDSPEED has come up with 0% errors on the TY media, giving the CMC media a shot now and will let you guys know.

Post #: 60
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/7/2002 6:29:46 AM   
pierre71

Using the previously mentioned CMC 48x 80min media:

Burning 1 data cd (79:40.07) @ 48x = 1.5-2.0% errors in CDSPEED (different results for different trials)
Burning 1 data cd (79:47.07) @ 40x = 0% errors

Hm, maybe I should return the stack to costco and just be happy with my TY @ 32x

Post #: 61
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/7/2002 7:43:05 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

If you payed the same price for them both, then deffinatly return them. otherwise, 100% good in 3 1/2 minutes isn't bad!

Post #: 62
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/7/2002 8:34:04 AM   
pierre71

Well after rebate the 48x cmc's were $20. The TY's were ... oh it was a few months ago I can't remember exactly but I believe either $15 or $20 (all prices USD...)
Thats how costco usually does their deals.. $35 or $40 with $15 or $20 rebate per 100 pack, limit 3 packs.

Yea, screw it I think I'll try to return these. Costco takes things back fairly well.. they should anyway if these dont function as stated. I still have 200+ left of the TY that should last me quite some time.

Post #: 63
RE: CMC bad?? - 10/7/2002 7:01:06 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Is it just me, or are branded T.Y. a LOT cheaper then undranded T.Y.??? and if so, why???

Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: CMC bad?? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI