CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1126 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 - 11/20/2002 4:41:57 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Only some PS2 games can be backed up onto CD-Rs...pretty much only the PS2 games that are on CDs to begin with. The back of the box will tell you what media it's on. I suggest using Alcohol 120% to backup PS games, it's very easy!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to mrmward)
Post #: 17
RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 - 12/24/2002 9:08:40 AM   
Mythik

quote:
Originally posted by Boxcutter
My PS2 at home is Messiah-modded, so it plays copied game-DVD's and copied video-DVD's. It basicly plays everything that is round and shiny. (even MP3-disks, with the mp3-player software loaded )

The PS2 at my office isn't modded. It doesn't play copied Game-DVD's but it can play copied Video-DVD's.

I use an Apple Macintosh G4 / superdrive (pioneer) for DVD authoring / copying on apple DVD-R media. It works like a charm.

What exactly do you need to be able to play mp3s on ps2?

(in reply to mrmward)
Post #: 18
RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 - 12/28/2002 1:42:11 PM   
gavni

Hey if you are multisessioning you might not be closing the cd so i suggest not doing that. Also you do not need your ps2 chipped to play copied dvds.

(in reply to mrmward)
Post #: 19
RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 - 12/30/2002 12:08:41 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I've heard a rumor that some of the later PS2 models have an easier time playing DVD+R/W media. Since Sony officially is part of the DVD+RW alliance, I have no problem believing this, but I have no means currently of testing the theory. Thought I'd pass the info on though

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to mrmward)
Post #: 20
RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 - 12/31/2002 9:05:59 PM   
Scorch

Hey Boxcutter, how do you deal with dual-layered discs and is there a OS X version of the ripper?

[/quote]

My PS2 at home is Messiah-modded, so it plays copied game-DVD's and copied video-DVD's. It basicly plays everything that is round and shiny. (even MP3-disks, with the mp3-player software loaded )

The PS2 at my office isn't modded. It doesn't play copied Game-DVD's but it can play copied Video-DVD's.

I use an Apple Macintosh G4 / superdrive (pioneer) for DVD authoring / copying on apple DVD-R media. It works like a charm.
[/quote]

(in reply to mrmward)
Post #: 21
RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 - 1/19/2003 11:21:50 AM   
enigma687

the rumour u have herd is tru! i have sony dru-120a and i have backed up a couple of my movies and they work fine on my ps2 (v7). i used dvdxcopy 2 make a backup of MIB 2. the only prob is th@ the backup will only work on my PS2 and pc, but not my standalone (Panasonic DVD-RV31). i have backed up other movies, and MIB 2 is the first 2 have not worked. Ne help or ideas would b gr8

(in reply to mrmward)
Post #: 22
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: Playing DVD backups on PS2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI