CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1340 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 8/23/2002 11:05:32 AM   
Stiltzkin

I have Blindwrite Suite and am trying to make copies of a few of my CDs for backup (Some are scratched up and I want to copy them before they become unuseable), some of which have copy protection. I got Insektors and installed it according to it's readme, but how do I use it? I can't find any online documentation on how to use it. Thanks for any help!

-David

Post #: 1
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 8/23/2002 4:52:19 PM   
john

If i remember correctly, you have to make an image of the protected disc, and afterwards patch it with insektors and after, burn it

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 2
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 8/23/2002 7:57:11 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi David
Just go to :-
http://membres.lycos.fr/captainred31/what.htm
And you should find all you want to know !!!

Laffin Assassin

The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in.

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 3
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 8/27/2002 9:23:39 AM   
Stiltzkin

Yeah, I've read that document, which seems to say nothing about active usage of the program, so I assume that the installation of the driver is all you need to do, and that Insektors will automatically do what it needs to do, but does it do whatever that is during the CD burning process or afterwards when I attempt to read that burned CD? I copied a CD with Blindwrite, but couldn't read it due to copy protection, at which point I downloaded Insektors, so I'll have to burn it again if Insektors does something during the burning. Also, I'm not too concerned with copying CDs, what I am really trying to do is use Virtual CD to play certain CDs without inserting them, but can Insektors overcome copy protection on virtual CDs? Will Virtual CD make use of that driver?

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 4
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/10/2002 4:39:35 AM   
Stiltzkin

I see that noone seems to have an answer to my question, but now that I read it, it seems overly complicated. All I want to know is what I need to do exactly to use Insektors. Will BlindWrite automatically use the driver when I burn a CD, or is there some Insektors program I have to run when burning?

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 5
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/10/2002 12:23:07 PM   
john

Why you don't use InSektors with CloneCD?

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 6
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/11/2002 1:40:44 AM   
Stiltzkin

Is that better than BlindWrite?

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 7
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/11/2002 2:46:33 AM   
john

Supposed too!

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 8
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/11/2002 8:15:12 PM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Stiltzkin

Is that better than BlindWrite?

Fot easy copying the is the best !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 9
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/16/2002 4:53:57 PM   
Stiltzkin

Easy, maybe, but I am looking for the best way to overcome CD protections (Copying games). Is it better than Blind RW in that respect, in your opinion? Also, I wanted to ask: I kind of lost track of my original question, which was how to use Insektors (With any program). Excuse me if I am saying something stupid, but I just didn't know if I needed to do anything after installing the Insektors driver (Except burn the CD as normal). According to John, "you have to make an image of the protected disc, and afterwards patch it with insektors and after, burn it". That would imply I have to actually do something manually to the image, but there isn't anything to do with insektors. It just has a button that says "Install driver", or something like that, which I have done already. What am I missing?

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 10
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/18/2002 2:14:14 AM   
Laffin Assassin

When you installed Insektors you were given a readme file and on the link I gave you earlier it states " Installation : Download insektor from HERE, install it - it's small and easy to use. Please read the README file (in French, English, German) - there is important information inside."
So I suggest you Read it !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 11
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/20/2002 12:16:34 AM   
Stiltzkin

Well I did read that, and I followed it's instructions (Install driver, ignore any errors, which I didn't even get, and double click the .reg it came with and restart). Installation isn't the problem. Again, part of John's explanation was that I need to patch the image file using Insektors. I want to know is how to do that.

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 12
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/20/2002 9:26:47 PM   
john

Just drag & drop in the software and press patch or go or something like that!

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 13
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/22/2002 1:32:12 AM   
Stiltzkin

That's the problem, there's no way to do that. It just wants me to install the driver, like I haven't already. I've already installed the driver and run the registry editor and reboot two times.

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 14
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/22/2002 1:36:06 AM   
Stiltzkin

Actually, maybe I'll just not use Blindwrite or Insektors. I'll try Clony XXL and Clone CD 4.0.0.6, like the forum post I found suggests. I'll make a new post if that doesn't go well (Probable).

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 15
RE: How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! - 9/22/2002 2:58:44 AM   
Stiltzkin

...Uh oh. After failing multiple times to make a perfect copy of Warcraft III (It tells me to make sure the CD is inserted when I try to run it off a copy) I finally came across the post at http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6495&SearchTerms=warcraft and followed it's instructions, only to find that my REAL Warcraft III CD gives me the same error! It does exactly the same thing as the copies... This can't be good.

(in reply to Stiltzkin)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> How to use Insektors with Blindwrite? Please Help! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI