CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

What brnads use Taiyo Yuden?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1103 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 8/22/2002 3:20:31 AM   
HybridHB

???? My cousin is having the worst time with her lite on and she wont even burn CD's anymore because she has made about 20 coasters with Verbatim datalife plus CD's. Just need to know who uses TY so i can get some media for her, thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 8/22/2002 8:01:18 AM   
john

Try looking for earlier posts in the forum with similar content...What recorder your cousin has?

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to HybridHB)
Post #: 2
RE: What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 8/22/2002 8:50:37 PM   
HybridHB

Lite-on 24102b. I updated the firmware on it last week too. I used the burner in my rig before i gave it to her and it worked fine for me. Ive checked her coasters with nero and it get some errors at the end of the CD's. We were using 24x Datalife plus media too.

(in reply to HybridHB)
Post #: 3
RE: What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 8/22/2002 11:14:03 PM   
monkuboy

Try Fuji - look for the small print that tells you where the disc was manufactured (not where the brand is located, but where the disk was actually made - like, "fabrique au Japan"). If it says it was made in Japan, then it is Taiyo Yuden. Same with TDK. If it says it was made somewhere else, avoid it. You can also buy Taiyo Yuden brand discs from rima.com. They are somewhat more expensive than what you can find on sale ($29.95 per 100, plus shipping) but at least you know they are Taiyo Yuden.

(in reply to HybridHB)
Post #: 4
RE: What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 8/26/2002 8:39:40 PM   
HybridHB

Thanks!

(in reply to HybridHB)
Post #: 5
RE: What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 9/3/2002 8:44:53 PM   
rjw

FOR TY cd's use the following link.
http://www.cdr-info.de/index_cdrohlinge.php
Now choose TY as Hersteller. And you will see quite some different disc's by TY.

However do remind that some compannies also use other manufacturers as TY. So check also if the box says made in Japan to be shure.
(Okay you got me since sometimes made in Japan can mean made in Japan by Kodak Japan but then again these are also very good disc's and Kodak doesn't make cd-r's any more so that change is very small. Also for Emtec disc's look if it states TY then you really know if it are Taiyo Yuden disc's))

Also the small B-brand Taibo Tech is made by TY.

(in reply to HybridHB)
Post #: 6
RE: What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 9/4/2002 1:57:47 AM   
crazy4vws

If you're at your local store looking for TY media, look for the 50 pk spindle with the round plastic nut on the top. The nut can be black or white depending on the brand, but I've found that any media (Fuji, TDK, Sony, even Memorex) will be TY if it has the nut on top. This is true in Southern California at least.

(in reply to HybridHB)
Post #: 7
RE: What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 9/4/2002 2:35:47 AM   
MP3Mogul

Mostly true here in Virginia also, however, they must say "Made In Japan" near the UPC, I've seen some with the Nut (Black & White) that were made in Taiwan here, so just look for the "Japan"

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to HybridHB)
Post #: 8
RE: What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? - 9/10/2002 10:19:09 AM   
HybridHB

Awesome replys guys! Thanks!

(in reply to HybridHB)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> What brnads use Taiyo Yuden? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI