CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

WinXP packet software problem?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1236 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> WinXP packet software problem? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WinXP packet software problem? - 8/6/2002 8:41:56 AM   
pete1336

Hi all,
I've written asking this question before I think and never got an answer which solved my problem so I'm gonna try my luck again. You can see from my sig below the hardware I am running. What I want to know is why when I install the latest versions of nero and clone does WinXP Pro's own cd writing software quit working on me? How do I get it working again?
Many Thanks,
Pete

Asus A7V266 with the Athlon XP 1900 cooled with Swiftech MC462-BA with delta screamer and Coolercase Storm) running WinXP build 2600 RTM-.Creative Labs GF4 4400ti 128mb @300/650 DDR Det. 30.82/DX8.1, 512mb Cruicial PC2100 DDR, sblive, IBM 45 GB 7,200rpm ATA100, Pioneer DVD106s,Liteon 32x cdrw with a 19" Ilayma monitor!

Post #: 1
RE: WinXP packet software problem? - 8/6/2002 4:05:21 PM   
john

Unfortunaly even with the latest version of InCD, we coulnd't make it work under WinXP...

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to pete1336)
Post #: 2
RE: WinXP packet software problem? - 8/6/2002 4:54:03 PM   
wauchula

It's pretty much a given that only one packet writing package can function at the time. Packet writing depends on the software being loaded with the system because it needs to know what program to use when you drag and drop. You might can uninstall Nero and then reinstall everything but InCD, the packet writing portion. Either that or disable the Windows XP software and use InCD instead. The best thing to do would be to avoid packet writing altogether. Learn to use multisession. Of course the best multisession software is Easy CD Creator.

(in reply to pete1336)
Post #: 3
RE: WinXP packet software problem? - 8/7/2002 11:54:51 AM   
pete1336

Thanks for the replies fellas.

(in reply to pete1336)
Post #: 4
RE: WinXP packet software problem? - 8/7/2002 2:19:22 PM   
Tron

You are using Nero and CloneCD. Good choice. I agree that if you want packet writing then you should try InCD. When using Nero, I have had less trouble with InCD than DirectCD. As far as XPs writing software, it is ok, but is not as good as Nero and InCD anyways. So it is no loss.

(in reply to pete1336)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> WinXP packet software problem? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI