CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Anyone get their F1 yet?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 451 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/8/2002 10:21:34 PM   
Graffitti

quote:

BTW Graffiti, your support email was copied over to me for the original answer. :)

YEH!!!.. haha..
It's wonderful how the guys at yamaha actually forwards the questions to the right person with the right knowledge to answer them.

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 49
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/8/2002 10:39:15 PM   
Graffitti

Well.. I just did some registry editing with my Nero to get the actual burning speed to show up. On my TDK TY's, the recording speed is actually getting limited to 32x, and on the PNY CMC, it's getting limited to only 24x. Personally.. I don't really mind the speed capping since I don't have the time to mess with running a thorough discscan on the cds after I burn to make sure all the sectors are correct, so in actualality, I do appreciate the speed capping a lot. Yes it does burn the cds slows, but hey, it's only like what... a 1 or 2 min difference, and which in that time, I could be making myself a bowl or instant noodles. Plus I cook them the old fashion way with boiling water instead of waving it which in turns for me, concludes in that making a bowl of instant noodle takes longer then burning a cd. O_o I think yamaha needs to start making Instant Noodle cookers with the same type of speed and quality as their crw-f1. o_O not gonna happen it is? poo.....

oh yes.. one other note... it seems that audio master 4x is actually burning at 3.5x. Atleast that's what my nero is telling me.

mmmm.. here's something else... With OWSC on, it's only burning my 40x rated TDKS (CMC) at 24x. needless to say.. I think a lot of people in the US're gonna be annoyed by this since the main CDRs that you can find here're only TYs or CMC. Atleast those're the only 2 that goes on sale the most.

Edited by - Graffitti on 08/08/2002 23:05:32

Edited by - Graffitti on 08/09/2002 02:10:53

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 50
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/23/2002 6:55:27 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey Graffitti
You Say "Well.. I just did some registry editing with my Nero to get the actual burning speed to show up. On my TDK TY's, the recording speed is actually getting limited to 32x "

So are you going to keep it a secret how you edited your registry to allow to let you see the actual speed or are you going to post it for Our members so they can do it as well

Laffin Assassin

The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in.

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 51
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/23/2002 9:39:11 PM   
Ralf Hutter

go to: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]. Search there for the DWORD ShowSingleRecorderSpeed and change the HEX from 0 to 1. From now, Nero shows you the realtime-burnig-speed.

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 52
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/24/2002 12:44:20 AM   
Graffitti

quote:

go to: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]. Search there for the DWORD ShowSingleRecorderSpeed and change the HEX from 0 to 1. From now, Nero shows you the realtime-burnig-speed.

uhh.... yeah... what he said

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 53
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/24/2002 3:42:14 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Well Done Ralf and thanks for the Information !!!

Laffin Assassin

The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in.

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 54
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/24/2002 7:31:54 AM   
yasa

Argh....

Just thought I'd add some more comments.

Been using the Yamaha CRW-F1 for a couple of weeks now and as I have no 44x media I would like to burn as fast as possible... the disks I have are 24x, but Nero as supplied will only burn at 44,16,8 etc....

Why have they limited the burn speeds?

Any answers or patches that can get round this?

Thanks

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 55
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/24/2002 8:45:45 AM   
john

I suggest reading our reviews to see why speeds are limited...There isn't any way to change this (unless YAMAHA changes their policy!)

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 56
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/26/2002 11:04:19 PM   
aravot

It is available in BestBuy for $179.

Aravot

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 57
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/27/2002 5:59:32 AM   
Laffin Assassin

If you are in the USA you can get them for $142 from Microstorm at:-
http://www.microstorm.com/components/partinfo.asp?id=452389&type=retail
But I have no Idea how good the Store is !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 58
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/27/2002 5:03:40 PM   
MP3Mogul

For some reason, my best buy has a shelf space, but has never had even 1 in the store? I asked, they say they are coming.

As for me, I'm buying a Plextor 40x drive for now, and when Yamaha gets the speed problems out of it, I'll get the CRW-F1. I have about 700 blank discs rated at 32X, and I see that the yamaha will only write those discs at 16X, so I'm not going back to the dinosaur ages for now. I hate it, I really do, because I have been a staunch Yamaha supporter all along, but I burn TONS of audio discs, and I cannot wait for them to burn at 16X.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 59
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/27/2002 5:30:52 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi MP3Mogul
Yeah I am hoping that there is new Firmware very soon or they have lost me as a Fan as well (Unless MARK sends me that Black front ) But I am sure when the new firmware comes out it will sort little niggles out with the Media Speeds Issue! I am using Intenso 40x and Verbatim 40x and they are OK so far but it will only write at 16x with Ritek 40x and I was getting loads of Coasters with them so I would not recommend using them with the Yamaha F1 YET !!!

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 60
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/29/2002 4:27:13 AM   
MP3Mogul

Well,

I ditched the Plextor idea, I just broke down and ordered the CRW-F1 via overnite from Yamaha. Can't give up a good thing.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 61
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/29/2002 12:54:52 PM   
Clint

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

Well,

I ditched the Plextor idea, I just broke down and ordered the CRW-F1 via overnite from Yamaha. Can't give up a good thing.

It will probably write at 32X+ with your media anyway... Just select 44X and OWSC will decide for you. You can tell by the time it takes.

It will write @ 24X, 32X, 40X by OWSC in addition to the user selectable speeds.

That's the problem, not enough people know this and it's putting out a bad word for the drives supported speeds

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 62
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/29/2002 1:31:39 PM   
MP3Mogul

Clint,

Thanks, I wasn't aware that it also wrote at those speeds, I thought it only wrote at the user selectable speeds. This is good news, guess I should have investigated a little more thoroughly. Anyway, knowing the good folks at Yamaha, they will probably address the user speed thing with a piece of firmware.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 63
RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? - 8/29/2002 2:09:54 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Clint
You Say " That's the problem, not enough people know this and it's putting out a bad word for the drives supported speeds "

I agree with you but the main Issue with the speed is the type of Media you use and in the New Firmware 1.0c it has resolved some of the problems but not all of them (It still won't write Ritek 32x at any speed over 16x and then it still gives Coasters and the anoying thing is I have used them with Yamaha Writers for a lot of Years so I now have gone over to Intenso 40x which are Prodisc and I have no problem Writing at 44x)

(in reply to BinaryPoet)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Anyone get their F1 yet? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI