CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Bad quality   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 504 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Bad quality Page: [1]
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bad quality - 6/27/2002 6:12:41 PM   

I have some problems watching my VCD and SVCD movies. The picture quality is noticebly worse than on a VHS-tape, which i was told should be the other way around. Even more the sound is delayed up to several seconds, meaning that the mouths and sound doesn't match eachother. Can anyone tell me why it is so, is this standard on VCD/SVCD's

Post #: 1
RE: Bad quality - 6/27/2002 6:26:04 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Its quite easy to work out they are copied Films and whoever ripped them did not do it right ! The best solution Buy the Originals !

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to Kauerc)
Post #: 2
RE: Bad quality - 6/27/2002 7:12:52 PM   

true whoever made them didnt know how to but buying can be expensive to backup movies heres what you want go to the questions and answers on how to make them quick and easy way from me, if its a 16:9 1650 minimum bitrate 2250 maximum average 2450 max with the checkbox marked For a 4:3 movie 2150 min 2450 max average and 2550 max, and use single pass vbr and use cinemacraft not tmpg. use 160k joint stereom audio much more to learn but this will work 90 percent of the time with decent quality u can use higher encoding factors to get close to dvd quality lots of reading to do but once you get it figured out people that know computers will say how did u get that 2 hour movie in better than vhs quality on one 80 min cd. enjoy and goodluck

(in reply to Kauerc)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Bad quality Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote