CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

liteon 401248 problem!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1473 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> liteon 401248 problem! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
liteon 401248 problem! - 6/19/2002 5:22:25 PM   
sblakeway

Hi can anyone help?

Just installed a new liteon 401248 cd-writer. I'm using Nero burner and when I come to burn the disc it states: 'preparing to write to disc' then my system completely locks up hd light on, no reponse, end up having to turn the computer off. I've tried burning the image first; ripping the cd and copying as wave files; and copying on-the fly from a max x48 Samsung cd-rom.
I've tried all combinations of master/slave, liteon on it's own as master etc. and also varying the write speed. I've performed the Nero diagnostics to no effect.
I have a p111 500 256mb.

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/19/2002 5:59:02 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I suggest you get the latest IDE Drivers for your motherboard and install them!
What is your motherboard?
What is your Operating System?
If you tell us the answers to the questions above we should be able to help you more!

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 2
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/20/2002 4:42:32 PM   
sblakeway

Thanks for the reply.

I've got a Chaintech ct-6ata2 motherboard and i'm using windows '98.

In the meantime i'll try chaintech for some new drivers as suggested.

Thanks, Simon

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 3
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/20/2002 6:49:09 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I have posted the link for your motherboard below and you should get all the drivers there.
http://www.chaintech.com.tw/PRODUCTI/mainboar/slot1/6ATA2.htm
I hope this helps1

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 4
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/20/2002 6:50:41 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Oh something I forgot to mention. Make sure you have the latest Bios which you will also find at the link above!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 5
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/22/2002 1:46:45 PM   
glazenuts

Hi,
If your motherboard has an intel chipset why not go to the horse's mouth? There you will find the lastest chipset drivers for all intel chipsets. Be sure to read the "README" file,(as the 440bx does) it may tell you to load the chipset drivers "AFTER" you have "ALL" your hdw. installed unlike most chipset drivers which you would load after the OS and "BEFORE" any other drivers. Then be sure to go to adaptec and get the latest aspi drivers.

Hope this is of help,
Jeff in LA.

quote:

I suggest you get the latest IDE Drivers for your motherboard and install them!
What is your motherboard?
What is your Operating System?
If you tell us the answers to the questions above we should be able to help you more!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 6
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/22/2002 4:56:26 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey glazenuts
You Say "If your motherboard has an intel chipset why not go to the horse's mouth? There you will find the lastest chipset drivers for all intel chipsets. Be sure to read the "README" file,(as the 440bx does) it may tell you to load the chipset drivers "AFTER" you have "ALL" your hdw. installed unlike most chipset drivers which you would load after the OS and "BEFORE" any other drivers. Then be sure to go to adaptec and get the latest aspi drivers."

I think you should start to read posts before posting answers!
sblakeway's motherboard is a Chaintech ct-6ata2 and it has the VIA Apollo Pro133 chipset if you had read the full post before answering you would have known that! So him going to the horse's mouth (INTEL) will do him no good whatsoever will it and as for going to Adaptec to get the latest ASPI drivers fine if you have got a Adaptec program or an Adaptec Adaptor installed if you haven't got either of those you cannot upgrade to the latest ASPI and if he does need that I will e-mail him a little program that I have already sent to a lot of people which will allow him to install the Latest ASPI without having any Adaptec required programs or Adaptors!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 7
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/24/2002 1:08:34 PM   
n811

I had the same problem that sblakeway had. I just replaced my trusty 24102B with a 40125S last night. After installation, I tried to use Nero CD Speed to see the write transfer rate. The program stalled, and my HDD light remained on. The same thing happened when I tried to write a CD. I have an ECS K7S5A motherboard running an Athlon 2000+ with 512mb RAM. The new 40125S was hooked up as a master, with an Affrey 50x CD-ROM as a slave - the same setup that had worked perfectly with the 24102B. Now, Windows starts/shuts down EXTREMELY slow, and all of the system tray programs finish loading before the desktop icons will even display. I am running Windows 2000/SP2 and have all updates installed as of yesterday. I installed Nero 5.5.8.2 a couple of weeks ago and have never had any problems with anything (relatively speaking) until now. I cannot find any IDE driver updates on ECS's website - only onboard sound & LAN stuff. Please help!!!

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 8
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/24/2002 2:58:26 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi n811
I suggest that you download the latest IDE Drivers.
I hope this helps !

Laffin Assassin

Edited by - Laffin Assassin on 06/25/2002 07:47:59

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 9
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/25/2002 7:23:20 AM   
n811

Thanks for the reply, Laffin Assassin. Unfortunately, my motherboard uses the SIS 735 chipset, not VIA. I have visited the ECS and SIS websites, and neither have an updated IDE driver than the one already on my board. Do you think updating the firmware to ZS0J might help?

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 10
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/25/2002 7:50:20 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Well I think it is worth trying but make sure you have the Firmware you are using so you can flash it back if need be !

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 11
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/25/2002 8:28:36 AM   
Laffin Assassin

There have been a lot of Issues with this motherboard about the Power Supply. This board demands a quality power supply. It won't boot up with a cheap one, period. I suggest that you make sure the power supply is a good one. I am not saying it is your Power Supply but it is worth a thought.

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 12
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/25/2002 9:05:03 PM   
n811

I just figured it out... Since I couldn't find any IDE updates, I installed a Promise ATA100 card I had and hooked up the 40125S to it. It finally worked, but when I tried to burn some files from my HDD (about 100 Mb), the 'burned portion' of the CD-R was right in the middle of the disc instead of starting from the center - WIERD. I installed the ZS0J (it had ZS0A originally) firmware update as a possible fix, and everything seems to be fine, except Nero Info Tool does not seem to want to work with the burner set up on the IDE card. Is there a way to disable SMART-BURN for the purposes of using Nero CD-Speed?? I can't get the drive to exceed 32x, since that's the highest rated media I have around. Thanks!!

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 13
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/26/2002 4:01:05 AM   
OC-Freak

If you have nero running in the background and disable smartburn in nero and then open nero CD-Speed you may run tests with smartburn disabled ;)

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 14
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/26/2002 7:12:30 AM   
n811

Thanks, OC-Freak. Is there a way to get Info Tool to work with the burner set up on the IDE card? It reboots my computer during the opening sequence.

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 15
RE: liteon 401248 problem! - 6/26/2002 7:24:40 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Have you tried connecting all your IDE devices to the Promise Card and turning the IDE on the motherboard off in the Bios ? Also have you got the latest drivers for the Promise if not you can get them here :-
http://www.promise.com/support/download_eng.asp
I hope this helps !

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to sblakeway)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> liteon 401248 problem! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI