CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Very Dark Blue Dye Needed   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 793 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Very Dark Blue Dye Needed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Very Dark Blue Dye Needed - 6/18/2002 7:49:19 AM   
Sandra de Vries

I used to burn on 80 min Lenco's 9416 CD-R for my carradio, but I can no longer find it. Can anyone suggest a reliable 80 min CD-R with the same very dark blue dye for my blaupunkt carradio? I have tried Verbatims SUPER AZO 80 min, but it does not give good results (LIGHT BLUE).

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Very Dark Blue Dye Needed - 6/19/2002 6:19:22 AM   
kdogg

I have the same brand of radio and they seem to be kinda media picky. You know what I found works good though? Memorex 80 Minute CDR's

They hardly skip at all. The skips I do get are due to pot holes and ****.

I have some albums burned on those Verbatim SUPER AZO 80 minute CD's too. They skip like a bitch in my Blaupunkt radio so your not the only one.

If your set on getting dark blues though, try Sams Club. They sell 100 pack spindles of Verbatium Value-Life 80 Minute CDR's for like $34.99 and there dark blue still.. They also work very good in my Bluapunkt.

(in reply to Sandra de Vries)
Post #: 2
RE: Very Dark Blue Dye Needed - 6/22/2002 2:44:00 PM   
R00KIE

i've never seen those verbatim but the Verbatim METAL AZO DATALIFE PLUS are great, dark blue but it needs to be exactly metal azo datalife plus, anything else wount do the job you want

R00KIE

Post #: 3
RE: Very Dark Blue Dye Needed - 6/25/2002 3:59:15 AM   
rjw

Value life is budget media not made by Mitsubithsi chemicals itself but by CMC magnetics.
The older 16x Metal Azo are more dark then the Super Azo 80 min disc's and these are the disc's with the good scores made by Mitsubitshi chemicals. These disc's do have also the darcest blue colour I have seen so far.

Post #: 4
RE: Very Dark Blue Dye Needed - 6/29/2002 6:29:51 PM   
R00KIE

Well "rjw" i live in portugal and i was talking about what i've tested.the other cds you say i've never seen them.
about quality media go to www.cdmediaworld.com and chek it out !
but the best thing you have to do is to buy some specimens and TEST them

R00KIE

Post #: 5
RE: Very Dark Blue Dye Needed - 7/1/2002 5:38:19 AM   
rjw

Also Datalife (without the plus) is made by CMC magnetics and is bad media. AT this moment I can get the old Metal Azo (datlife plus)16x disc's (very good disc's) cheaper as 24x Crystal datalife. (CMC and not so good disc's). No the store owner and I know hat the 16x M A are better but most people will buy the more expensive and less good Crystals just because it says 24x.

The info on www.cdmediaworld.com is to old.
I do some testing myself then again most magazines do have much better testing equipement and can do a better testing. But this doesn't mean that they can interpretate these results correct. It won't be the firsy time that I react on some cd-r test and say that the conclusions aren't correct and then sent in the correct conclusions and most times they have to agree that I was the one who was right. This is not bad as long as they learn from these things and do the next test correct.

Edited by - rjw on 07/01/2002 05:39:10

Post #: 6
RE: Very Dark Blue Dye Needed - 7/6/2002 9:26:01 AM   
R00KIE

the info at cdmediaworld is too old and the discs are old too, but that isn't the point here.having better testing equipement doesn't mean that can find the media that works best with your burner.
just because someone says something it doesn't mean that it will be the same for you !
the best thing you can do is buy some cds and test them.then you can be sure if they are what you want or not

R00KIE

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Very Dark Blue Dye Needed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI