CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Errors while vefifying data   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1385 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Errors while vefifying data Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Errors while vefifying data - 5/29/2002 8:45:20 AM   
johanovic

When writing cd's with my lite-on 32123s, using nero 5.5.8.2, I always get errors if I check the verify data option. It says that some files are different from the original files, but that they are accessible.

Should I worry about it?

Another thing, When writing at 12x, my harddisk manage to keep the buffer full, but when writing faster, the writer has to pause several times because the buffer is empty. Is that normal?

I have an AMD K6-2 500MHz, 384MB RAM; the cd-rw is attached as secondary master, secondary slave is a 5400rpm (backup)harddisk. Promary master is 7200rpm seagate 40GB harddisk (barracuda ata IV). Priamry slave is a 50X cd-rom. I already enabled UDMA in the bios and set both ide-channels to 'udma if available (windows XP), but still the same. I think I have ata33-ide-cables. Could it help to replace 1 or both by an ata66/100?

Thanks

Johan
Post #: 1
RE: Errors while vefifying data - 5/29/2002 9:03:46 AM   
manifest

http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5148 <-- might help

Try setting the bios to auto detect your devices. It fixed my problem which sounds to be the same trouble you are having with writing/buffer speed.

(in reply to johanovic)
Post #: 2
RE: Errors while vefifying data - 5/29/2002 12:00:58 PM   
johanovic

Ok, thanks, at least the cd that I tried writing after setting it to autodetect finished without any errors

But there is still this problem:
I wrote that cd (698MB data) on a cd using 32x and smart-x. The buffer still emptied about 6-7 times and it still took 7 minutes to write the cd.
I checked the Nero history file and notced that both my cd-devices (rom & writer) used DMA, but none of my harddisks in using dma. Could this be the problem?

or should I buy an ata66/100 cable for my primary ide-port?

(in reply to johanovic)
Post #: 3
RE: Errors while vefifying data - 5/29/2002 4:59:19 PM   
john

That would be the problem since HD is not using DMA.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to johanovic)
Post #: 4
RE: Errors while vefifying data - 5/30/2002 5:25:56 AM   
johanovic

I ran a utility that I donwloaded from the seagate website. That show me (in dos) that my primary master is using udma4-66MB/s, and that my secondary master is using udma2-33MB/s. Nevertheless the nereo logfile says that my harddisk isn't using dma. If I look at the properties of the primary idecontroller, It says that the harddisk is in PIO4-mode.

Someone on another forum sayd that my processor wasn't fast enough to delever the data... I have an amd k6-2 500MHz. Could that really the prob, or should that be fine?
In the properties in nero, under cache, I ran the 'test all drive speed'-thing and it says my harddisk has this speed: 2800kb/s fot the first partition and 3000kb/s for the second. Is that good or bad?

(in reply to johanovic)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Errors while vefifying data Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI