CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

12101b problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 625 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> 12101b problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12101b problems - 5/25/2002 5:58:02 AM   
mp3megane

after a bad flash i tried to repair my liteon with pflash and ls17.bin and jumper trick.

now my liteon is correctly recognized in bios and windows, but it always say "there is no disc in the drive".

what could be the problem?

help please!!
Post #: 1
RE: 12101b problems - 5/25/2002 4:58:44 PM   
Matthew

Have you taken the jumper trick off? - the drive may not be workable with it on.

Try a DOS or Windows flash to a more current level (and for DOS flash, I mean one of the Liteon DOS flashes, not a PFLASH BIN - it's possible that the standard flash procedure may fix something that PFLASH missed?

I'm guessing, my only experience was a successful DOS flash of a LKU6 (leaked oem version) to LS3J using a Liteon DOS LS3J23 flash.
If you can't find one, I have it lurking!

(in reply to mp3megane)
Post #: 2
RE: 12101b problems - 5/25/2002 5:02:50 PM   
mp3megane

i have tried with pflash and jumper, after the flashing procedure i reboot and take jumper off, the drive was recognized in bios and windows, after that i succesfully flashed with original liteon firmware (win), but still wont recognize media in drive

if you have liteon dos flash utility and bin file for ltr 12101b please mail it to me

mp3megane@email.si

(in reply to mp3megane)
Post #: 3
RE: 12101b problems - 5/27/2002 7:36:48 AM   
Matthew

In your mail, hope it works.

Since it's the latest available, to try any others by the "official" route will need you to backflash using PFLASH again.

What windows one did you try?
If that was LS3J23, or any other LSxx23 installing as LS23, then this won't touch it anyway unless you backflash to LS17 again.

PS. Before getting any deeper, try removing the entry for it from Device Manager, and allowing it to re-detect.

Edited by - Matthew on 05/27/2002 07:39:09

(in reply to mp3megane)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> 12101b problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI