CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yamaha Incd problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 816 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha Incd problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yamaha Incd problems - 5/25/2002 4:35:37 AM   
Gooberslot

I've been wrestling with InCD for the last week with little success. Has anyone else here had problems with InCD and this drive? I'm trying to decide if this is just InCD's fault or if the drive has some kind of hardware problem. I also tried WriteCDRW and it also had to be cajoled into some semblance of working. DirectCD though works perfectly. I'm running the newest firmware(1.0d.)

This is the second drive that I've had problems with InCD. And to think I was trying to get a drive so that I would have a legal copy of Nero because I believed they were a company worth supporting. Yeah right.

I've also noticed this drive is very loud and gets warm fairly quickly. In fact it gets warm just sitting there. Should I be concerned about this? I do have another drive underneath it blocking it's air vents but why should it need air vents if no one else does. Besides it's still got it's front vents and any in the back.

At least it makes cd's that are usable on my crappy drive. The same can't be said for the Cyberdrive. I also like the way it wouldn't record at 24x with the Fuji media. I'd rather have a drive that was picky about media than one which will record on anything. It shows that it cares more about making a good disc than pure speed.

Post #: 1
RE: Yamaha Incd problems - 5/25/2002 8:03:26 AM   
Laffin Assassin

You Say "I've been wrestling with InCD for the last week with little success. Has anyone else here had problems with InCD and this drive? I'm trying to decide if this is just InCD's fault or if the drive has some kind of hardware problem. I also tried WriteCDRW and it also had to be cajoled into some semblance of working. DirectCD though works perfectly. I'm running the newest firmware(1.0d.)"

I would suggest you Fully uninstall Adaptec Easy CD Coaster Creator and Direct CD and reboot your computer. And then re-install Nero and Incd I could help you more if I knew what Operating System and What chipset is on your motherboard.

It's Nice to be Importent But is more importent to be NICE!!!

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 2
RE: Yamaha Incd problems - 5/25/2002 8:23:46 AM   
MP3Mogul

There were some issues with InCD 3.2.4 with Windows XP, but they were resolved with 3.2.8. I haven't had any problems since upgrading to 3.2.8.

-Peace-

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 3
RE: Yamaha Incd problems - 5/26/2002 6:47:11 AM   
Gooberslot

There is no Adaptec stuff installed right now. I'm using InCd 3.28, I have Win98 and I'm using a BX chipset based motherboard.

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 4
RE: Yamaha Incd problems - 5/27/2002 10:11:44 AM   
Laffin Assassin

I have just noticed in one of your other post's you are saying that you are having problems with Excessive Noise so I asked you to contact Yamaha Tech Support. Have you done it yet as this could be causing all the problems you are having if you have a faulty Unit.

It's Nice to be Importent But is more importent to be NICE!!!

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yamaha Incd problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI