CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Eminem's New CD June 3rd   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1373 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Eminem's New CD June 3rd Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/2/2002 5:13:00 PM   
MP3Mogul

Does anyone know if we will be able to make a backup copy of Eminem's New CD Scheduled for release on June 3rd with CloneCD? Was wondering if anyone had any insite before I went out and bought the CD, as I archive all of my CD's incase of scratches or worse.

MP3Mogul@aol.com
Post #: 1
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/3/2002 7:46:01 AM   
john

Probably with the proper reader/software you will be able to rip it

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 2
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/3/2002 9:26:41 AM   
MP3Mogul

John,

Maybe I should have been specific since you said probably with the right reader/software. I have a yamaha 3200E series drive and the latest clone CD. Do you think this will work, their website says a computer can't read this disc when it's released.

MP3Mogul@aol.com

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/3/2002 10:15:57 AM   
MP3Mogul

Eminem's new cd will have the "Cactus Data Shield Technology" from an Isralei Firm "Midbar Technologies" Does anyone know if my Yamaha 3200E drive and Clone CD 4.0 Beta 30 will copy this CD? I hate to waste money on the CD if I can't back it up.

MP3Mogul@aol.com

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 4
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/4/2002 7:37:55 AM   
R00KIE

well the internet is a wonderfull place to be and CDR-INFO is one of the best places to be here you get the info you want so even if you can't rip it you can allways download it, unless you are a quality freak you will not notice the difference.also i think that the plextor drives are very good at ripping protected audio cds, there is only one crappy protection they don't rip (can't remember wich one).

R00KIE

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/5/2002 1:02:45 AM   
Clint

quote:

well the internet is a wonderfull place to be and CDR-INFO is one of the best places to be here you get the info you want so even if you can't rip it you can allways download it, unless you are a quality freak you will not notice the difference.also i think that the plextor drives are very good at ripping protected audio cds, there is only one crappy protection they don't rip (can't remember wich one).

R00KIE

I think the protection you're refering to is called "MediaCloq".

The only drive that is able to rip this is the Plextor UltraPlex 40X. Dunno if the 32X UltraPlex works with this though...

I don't think Yamaha 3200EVK drives can handle CDS-200. Maybe new EAC with the right options enabled will work when this is released.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 6
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/5/2002 5:30:32 AM   
MP3Mogul

No, the protection is definately "Cactus Data Shield Technology" and it's not a new technology, it's been around for a while. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

MP3Mogul@aol.com

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 7
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/5/2002 3:38:03 PM   
DONKY

quote:

No, the protection is definately "Cactus Data Shield Technology" and it's not a new technology, it's been around for a while. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

MP3Mogul@aol.com

Hi, not the answer you are looking for but there might be an alternative for you… A program called WinMX it’s a very good File sharing program..…sorry if this is no help but I am 100% sure if making a backup of the latest albums(music) is going to be a problem short term (until someone cracks it)…,then using WinMX etc is a good alternative……you will find any type of music through it, already converted to MP3 format....
Good Luck....

DONKY

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 8
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/6/2002 6:27:04 AM   
Clint

quote:

MP3Mogul@aol.com

MP3, I was responding to ROOKIE's question on which CD-DA protection the Plex could NOT rip (no burner can). *[MediaCloq]*

Yes, indeed it is CDS-200 on Eminem's new CD; and I know its not a new prot. (I am somewhat experienced when it comes to protections, both audio and data )

1) Try CloneCD 4.0.0.1 + choose "Audio CD" profile (as it only reads the 1st session). Use the 3200E for reading/writing. If it fails to read (write will be NO problem), try...

2) Exact Audio Copy (latest version) and then see if you can rip the tracks to .wav files. If successful, burn useing any CD burning proggy. (Nero, EZ CD, EAC...)

If it doesn't work, I suggest buying a new PleXWriter (24X, 40X or [hopefully] upcomeing 48X) as these drives can handle these protections *without* software "tricks". Especially their 'in house' written PleXTools v1.13a Or if you prefer SCSI, an UltraPlex 40X is THE drive for protections, IT READS ANYTHING!

Thats if you want perfect CD-DA backups of course

Edited by - Clint on 05/06/2002 06:28:38

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 9
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/6/2002 7:23:55 AM   
MP3Mogul

Thanks, I'll buy the CD and post info when I get it, on whether or not I was successful in the copy.

MP3Mogul@aol.com

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 10
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/13/2002 12:37:02 AM   
animecabbit

This CD is only so-so. Not as good as I had hoped for.

There are a couple of really boring tracks in the cd, and the skits are ok, not as good as the previous cd's.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 11
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/13/2002 9:58:30 AM   
rjw

Now about the audio protections

First Mediacloq it seems that both cd-rom drives of Plextor can read all tracks correct for these protected disc's.
So the 32x and 40x SCSI model have no problems with it.
With some tricks a friend of me could rip all tracks except the first one with a Plexwriter 24/10/40A (this was before clone 4 and the new plextools so maybe this has been improved.)
Second there is however a protection still no Plex can copy.
It is called Easy Audio Lock and the protection program can be downloaded from somewhere on the net. There is however one bad point if it is burnt on CD-RW then al lot of cd-players can read it. If it is burnt on cd-r then you still have problems with many cd-players.
Third if it is CDS-200. Then there is another way. How about 3 pieces of tape placed so on the disc. That it can't read the second part. This sometimes works and sometimes not for CDS-200.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 12
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/13/2002 8:59:48 PM   
Clint

Easy Audio Lock: Has 3 options, 'Audio Gardian', 'Easy Audio Lock' and 'Dissimulator'. Now I know for shure I can copy the 'Easy Audio Lock' (CDS-100 emulation) setting with my PX-W2410A and CCD3.3.

I think the 'Dissimulator' (CDS-200 emulation I think!?) setting is pretty impossible as it makes the CD-DA into a data CD, even several audio CD players cannot play this CD. But I'm not shure about the 'Audio Gardian' setting, as I've never used this

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 13
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/22/2002 5:39:32 AM   
animecabbit

What about using a black permenant marker on the outer rim of the cd?

I wonder if this will help.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 14
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/22/2002 1:13:30 PM   
rjw

If I am right the black marker trick shouldn't help you against CDS-100. Since CDS-100 uses an ilegal wrong placed lead out.

Dissimulator isn't CDS-200 emulation if you want to compare it then compare it with mediacloq.

CDS-200 uses 2 session. the 2nd session can be elminated with a marker.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 15
RE: Eminem's New CD June 3rd - 5/25/2002 12:50:50 PM   
MP3Mogul

No worry, I just got the CD, it's not even protected after they made such a NOISE on Eminem's website, copies / rips fine, clony reports no protection, normal audio CD

-Peace-

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Eminem's New CD June 3rd Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI