CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Rimage Everest Printer and Mitsui Everest Media -   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1005 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Rimage Everest Printer and Mitsui Everest Media - Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rimage Everest Printer and Mitsui Everest Media - - 4/23/2002 7:51:57 PM   
Andrea

Hello All,
I purchased a Rimage Everest Printer and the printing is beautiful. I looked on the list of approved media and chose to go with the Mitsui Everest media (in both white and silver top). I made this decision because Mitsui and Rimage are business partners in the development of this latest printing method. Also, i chose the Mitsui discs because of their reputation. I have a small company that does CD Duplication and cover art. We do complete packages for clients.
The problem started when we burned and printed 500 copies of a disc for a software company. We put the discs in Paper Sleeves at the companies request. They used the discs to supply their internet customers with a "hard copy" of the software. The software company put the disc in it's paper sleeve, into a cardboard mailer and sent it through the US Mail. Almost 100% of the discs sent arrived damaged. The printed disc face could not stand the pressure of the sorting machines used by the US Mail. These machines have rollers that pull mail through at a rapid pace, and sort it. Discs that went just 6 blocks away from the originating post office were damaged. And of course, discs that traveled to any destination were damaged. We had to buy back the remaining discs and refund the customer.
Also, the software company sent about 100 discs to the major media. The discs were in the paper sleeve, inside of a folder with a cover letter and business card, and were mailed in a bubble envelope. These discs were also damaged.

We have situations where the discs will come out of the printer and some of the tops are bubbled or torn away.

We contacted Mitsui and they ran a test. They printed 10 discs on the Everest and mailed them to themselves. 6 out of 10 were damaged. Mitsui says it is looking into it. Rimage, the manufacturer says that they have only seen separation happen when the lot of discs are bad. There is no way to tell if lot of discs, or for that matter, a single disc is bad by examining it. All the discs look the same. By the way, this has only occurred with the WHITE TOP MITSUI EVEREST DISC.

I started this thread in hopes to talk with other Rimage Everest Printer owners and see if they encountered the same problems. I tested some media from SKC that is approved by Rimage for the Everest printer. I only had a couple of pieces and it printed to the hub very nicely. It's cheaper too. The only thing I didn't like about it is that the outside edge of the printing surface is not smooth...it's sort of jagged. The bottom on this disc was VERY SILVER, even more so then the Mitsui. My clients are primarily musicians and they want silver bottom discs.

So if anyone has any light to shed on this issue, I would appreciate the info. I am stuck between two companies that are pointing their fingers at each other...Mitsui blames the printer, Rimage blames the Mitsui media.

I'd love to hear from you!
Post #: 1
RE: Rimage Everest Printer and Mitsui Everest Media - - 5/2/2002 9:21:54 AM   
rjw

Well if the SKC disc's had no problems then it is Mitsui's fault.
Since other disc's/manufacturers do work correct with the printer.

(in reply to Andrea)
Post #: 2
RE: Rimage Everest Printer and Mitsui Everest Media - - 5/3/2002 7:58:57 AM   
john

Strange problem. Have you tried to grab Taiyo Yuden printable media?

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Andrea)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> Rimage Everest Printer and Mitsui Everest Media - Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI