CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Buying a Plextor   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 604 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Buying a Plextor Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 8:14:05 PM   
clawso1

Hi burner1000000

Man that type of copy protection sounds like the the "Anti-Thief" system in my 2001 Accord V-6, the ignition key looks like a regular key, but it completes the ignition circuit to start the vehicle, and if the kids think that they can take the key and have a copy made so they can sneak the car away some night, wrong, it's not the same key, and only the owner of that particular vehicle can get another key like it.

I can't remember what forum I read it at, I think it was this one, but it essentially said that it was LEGAL to make a single copy of any disc. And they gave the website, like you did, of this law.

And George Orwell seems to have had an excellent working knowledge of how "Power Corrupts and Absolute Power, Corrupts Absolutely!"

Regards
Cal

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 81
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 8:22:06 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well thank GOD that I live in the UK we can Legaly make a back-up copy of any Program we own and I know you are going to say it will change, well even when it does the Powers that Be, will be still to busy trying to stop the damed so called Refugees sneaking into our country for a free meal and lodgings from France through the Channel Tunnel so I don't think they will be that bothered about us backing up our Legaly owned Programs.

This will let some more hornets out of the nest

It's Nice to be Importent But is more importent to be NICE!!!

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 82
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 8:41:17 PM   
Clint

quote:

Australia has to trade with someone, therefore, it is only a matter of time before they fall in line. Australia already has the law. It is just loosely enforced. I don't think that the individual will be directly affected (they are not going to go after Clint, specifically, as an individual), but the fallout and new copy protections will have the same effect.

They better not go after me, because I'll know who told them I make safety backups...

Australia trading!? - Thats probably our main source of products! Anything we have here is most likely came from a foriegn country

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 83
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 8:47:54 PM   
clawso1

Laffin Assassin
Clint

You both are a RIOT!!! Man you gave me what I really need each and everyday, "A GOOD LAUGH!"

Regards
Cal

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 84
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 9:28:53 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey Clint
Why don't you move out with Crocodile Dundee they would never dream of going out there to find you. By the way if you do will you get me his hat I love it.
and you say "Anything we have here is most likely came from a foriegn country" Your dead right about that we even sent you our Convicts. LOL

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 85
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 9:46:28 PM   
Clint

quote:

Hey Clint
Why don't you move out with Crocodile Dundee they would never dream of going out there to find you. By the way if you do will you get me his hat I love it.
and you say "Anything we have here is most likely came from a foriegn country" Your dead right about that we even sent you our Convicts. LOL

He doesn't live out in the bush or whatever you think, he is a multi-millionair, living the high life now

Yeah, too right. Not only did you Poms send us your refugees, so does East Timor, Indonesia, China and anywhere you can think of There's so many people of Asian desent in our major city (Sydney), you'd think it was Beijing, China!

But is ok, we're 'usually' not worried (our Government is [worried that is]) or racest

Edited by - Clint on 05/24/2002 21:48:58

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 86
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 9:56:55 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Yeah but you got your own back you sent us Rolf Harris,Kyle Minogue And Neighbours and Home and Away. If you will take all them back We will take all or Convicts back.

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 87
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 10:05:06 PM   
Clint

quote:

Yeah but you got your own back you sent us Rolf Harris,Kyle Minogue And Neighbours and Home and Away. If you will take all them back We will take all or Convicts back.

REALLY!? Yous get Home and Away and Neighbours???????

I thought that they were "Ozzie" exclusives
Gotta love those shows

*John may not like this off topic stuff, Laffin *

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 88
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 10:13:15 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I was just thinking that myself so I will apologise before I get my warning. Sorry John back to normal work.
Laffin Assassin

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 89
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 10:22:41 PM   
john

Lets say i would prefer more comments upon the CD/DVD format but you always talking about other stuff too.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 90
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 10:36:02 PM   
Clint

quote:

Lets say i would prefer more comments upon the CD/DVD format but you always talking about other stuff too.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

And me, I'd better behave too

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 91
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/24/2002 11:57:56 PM   
clawso1

Sorry John, I was apart of it too, in fact I might have even started it, so I'll take my rap on the hand!

Regards
Cal

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 92
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/25/2002 4:23:36 AM   
Gooberslot

Anything that can be read can be copied. So even if they used a unique code the drive has to be able to read this code for it to be effective so what's to stop people from simply copying that code.

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 93
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/25/2002 6:25:25 AM   
Clint

Gooberslot: That theory has been proven *INCORRECT* from the very time SD v2.XX.XX was introduced.

Here is what CloneCD author says on this article about SD2 (http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/news/0101/safedisc2.shtml)

An abstact from the article by Oliver Kastl;

quote:

I must admit, this is a very, very cool protection (SafeDisc 2): Something is on the original which can be read, and not be written. I really didn't believe such a protection is possible.

So that statement you made is wrong...

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 94
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/26/2002 6:41:28 AM   
Gooberslot

Then how come the Lite-On's can produce 1:1 copies of SD2? Besides even if there wasn't a drive that could copy the protection who's to say such a drive couldn't be made.

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 95
RE: Buying a Plextor - 5/26/2002 7:04:30 AM   
Clint

quote:

Then how come the Lite-On's can produce 1:1 copies of SD2? Besides even if there wasn't a drive that could copy the protection who's to say such a drive couldn't be made.

Now you see thats the whole point! At the time when SD2 was launched it proved that not everything that could be read can be written. And then a year or so later there ended up being drives that could write it perfect.
So based on the past, no ones to say that such a drive couldn't be made to copy StarForce.

It was all to do with SD2 overloading the drives EFM encoders that produced coasters with most recorders. So on the read everything went well (apart from the intentional read errors from sectors 0 --> 10,000 or so SafeDisc puts on the game at the start of a read), but on the write, this was where the real protection kicked in. Previously, only units based on Philips hardware were only able to copy SD2. Now v2.51.021 was introduced, it cuts the SD2 killers right back again (deleating Plextor's 24x and 40x from the known defeaters of SD2.51.021 list).

I hope I have explained it clear enough for you to understand this time

Edited by - Clint on 05/26/2002 07:16:26

(in reply to Javeryt)
Post #: 96
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Buying a Plextor Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI