Please try the below trouble shooting steps.
Trouble Shooting Steps:
1) Use Nero to do a Full Erase on the CDRW media.
2) Upgrade to latest release of InCD from the Nero web site at www.nero.com/en/download.htm
3) Install InCD in the following fashion:
a) First uninstall InCD from your system, if you have not already, through the Control Panels
Add/Remove Programs Featrue.
b) Then use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys(entered all at one time) and close all programs that show
up in the window that pops up, except for SYSTRAY and EXPLORER
c) Now install the latest version of InCD you just downloaded from our web site, and then reboot
and see if your issue is resolved.
4) Before formatting the CDRW media, use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys(entered all at one time) and close all programs that show up in the window that pops up, except for SYSTRAY and EXPLORER
5) In some cases, disabeling the DMA for the recorder will resolve the issue.To disable DMA, go to your
Control Panel>System>Device Manager>CDROM, and right click on the Recorder and CDROM/DVDROM drive on your system and in Properties>Settings disable the DMA feature, and the Auto Insert Notification feature.
6) If the customer has a FireWire Device, and has Windows 98 or 98SE Operating System
Then you must upgrade the 1394 Storage Supplement from Microsoft. Go to... http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/wurecommended/s_wufeatured/1394/license.asp
Or just go to Microsofts web site and search for Windows 98 1394 Storage Supplement.
7) In many cases, the problem is old drivers for your IDE controller loading. You must upgrade these drivers.
For Example, if you have the VIA chipset, you would go to www.viahardware.com
for the latest 4in1 drivers.
If you have an Intel IDE Chipset, you would go to www.intel.com
for their latest drivers.
Edited by - ccampbell on 04/24/2002 20:20:11