CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to increase of 14% the capacity of a normal CD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 834 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> How to increase of 14% the capacity of a normal CD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to increase of 14% the capacity of a normal CD - 4/9/2002 5:23:00 AM   
Salvo

I want make a CD-R with a video file *.avi (divX) and iI have read that with audio CD or *.mpeg file in a videoCD (using MODE-2 FORMAT-2) I can insert ≈ 740Mbyte of data in a normal 650Mbyte CD-R and ≈ 800 Mbyte in a CD of 700.
The difference between multimedia and software data is due becouse a portion of space that is normally used for CRC (error correction) is used, in multimedia file, for data.I have try to make a videoCD using an AVI file but the program automatically recompress and transform it in a MPEG-1 format.

There is the possibility to force the burning software to use mode-2 format-2 metod making a CD-R with an *.avi file now o in the future?

There is a software that can make this?

Please for any answer use Italian or a simple English without abbrevation.

Thanks….

Post #: 1
RE: How to increase of 14% the capacity of a normal CD - 4/9/2002 8:29:57 PM   
CCampbell

Audio and Video formats use the Mode 2 setting, to take advantage of the extra space it can provide. And since one bad bit will not affect the outcome of a Song or Video. Meaning for Audio, the human ear can not detect the missing bit, and in Video, you can not see the missing pixel.

But if you are creating a Data CD, to store the MPEG or WAV file on the CD, you should still use Mode1, as this is still in a Data format, and one bad bit will cause the MPEG file not to open, or the WAV or audio file to get a poping noise or white noise, when you do finally convert to CDA, or just play from the HD.

All Mode 2 does, is not use the ECC or Error Correction Code to prevent a bad bit from occuring.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to Salvo)
Post #: 2
RE: How to increase of 14% the capacity of a normal CD - 4/10/2002 5:14:34 AM   
Salvo

O.K I understand but the lose of a bit in a video as *.AVI is not a problem (I thing)like you have say for an audio or video MPEG-2.

(in reply to Salvo)
Post #: 3
RE: How to increase of 14% the capacity of a normal CD - 4/10/2002 5:19:53 AM   
Salvo

I have read that there is the possibility to store 747MB of space in an audio CD of 650.I tri to create one CD with 744MB of *.AVI video using mode-2 but I lose the CD-R.....I cannot find a program that can setup a choise between Mode-2 format-1 (used for data) and mode-2 format-2 that is used only for multimedia file as you have say.

(in reply to Salvo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> How to increase of 14% the capacity of a normal CD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI