CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1491 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/2/2002 6:06:00 PM   
MP3Mogul

Okay, I'm having a brain seizure. I don't see "amplify weak sectors" anywhere as an option with CloneCD 4.0 Beta 30. Can someone tell me where that option is?

MP3Mogul@aol.com

(in reply to Doug_The_Mooose)
Post #: 17
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/3/2002 7:55:09 AM   
john

Right click at the recording stage upon the burner

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

Post #: 18
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/3/2002 10:12:08 AM   
MP3Mogul

I Did right click at the recording stage on the burner, i.e. my yamaha 3200E series drive, and I don't see any option for amplify weak sectors. Maybe this drive doesn't support it or what?

MP3Mogul@aol.com

Post #: 19
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/3/2002 12:18:51 PM   
MP3Mogul

Laffin,

I know that you are using firmware 1.0d. I have just been on a few boards regarding updating your firmware. Seems Lite-On drives have included somehow, disabling the ability to copy sd2 discs if you upgrade the firmware. I don't think that this is the case with the 3200 series from Yamaha, since I just successfully copied an sd2 disc with the 1.0d firmware. Just a thought, seems some cd writer companies are against the consumer.

MP3Mogul@aol.com

Post #: 20
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/3/2002 4:39:33 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi MP3MOGUL
Yes your drive does support it but I have just noticed that you are in the USA that explains it. Clone CD is not supposed to do Amplify Weak Sectors or Hide CD Media if you live in the states. But there is an easy way around it if you change your Windows Regional Location to Canada or UK and re-install Clone CD the options for Amplify Weak Sectors and Hide CD Media should appear then when you have copied the ones you want just change the Windows Regional Location back to USA. There are a few patches flying about the internet but I cannot tell you how good they are.
Hope this helps.

Post #: 21
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/3/2002 5:10:15 PM   
Laffin Assassin

John No I do not miss the point you do!!!!

John You say Again I miss the point...We will say that the drive supports SD2 only when it can do it by bare hardware and not with software patches.

There is not a CD Writer on this planet that will copy anything with bare hardware they will not even play CD'S only hardware that uses software will work on a Computer. And how do you work out the Clone CD Amplify Weak Sectors are a software patch untrue it is now an intigrated part of the software not a patch!!!

You Say Users who will read the entire review, will see that with a specific software(s) will be able to overpass it.

Yes very true but only briefly mentioned and never mentioned in the Conclusion which as you must know a lot of people look at first.

You say Maybe with a newer SD2, CloneCD will not work...Then what happens? Will the drive supports SD2 or not??

So please tell me or the manufacturers of software will there be a protection that can't be bypassed you will make yourself a muti-millionaire overnight as you fully well should know there is not protection that can't be beaten. And as for Ollie and Clone CD he is way in front of them he has beaten them every time so why not give him the credit he deserves. And if ever such software protection shows its head there will always be someone to take it off usualy the great man himself.
Now Enough Said

Post #: 22
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/11/2002 6:21:54 PM   
DaSurfer

This is regarding the "amplify weak settings" questions some people have.I am in the U.S. and registered my copy of Clone cd 3.3.41.Once you have an image to burn under preferences where "amplify weak settings" is there should be an option to LOAD and SAVE if you chose to LOAD a new box pops up for profiles if you select the one called "PROT" once loaded "amplify weak settings" is enabled. You can then burn safedisc 2.xx or whatever.Now I have a Yamaha 3200e with firmware 1.0b(not 1.0d) and have burned backups of EVERYTHING I have tried and have installed and played on a variety of other pc's.

Post #: 23
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/16/2002 6:55:20 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi DaSurfer
Yes I am the same as you nothing the 3200e won't copy whatever I try it does it perfect and works in any CD, but I am using the 1.0d and not the 1.0b. So why the hell did John say it will not copy Safedisk 2.

Edited by - Laffin Assassin on 05/16/2002 19:04:08

Post #: 24
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/17/2002 8:30:15 AM   
john

Sorry but our policy is to test if the drive can do SD2 without the interfearnce of software patches. If it cannot do it, we post it, and we also mention if there is an alternative way to over pass it.

Post #: 25
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/17/2002 3:57:25 PM   
Laffin Assassin

And I will also say again !!!!
How do you work out the Clone CD Amplify Weak Sectors are a software patch untrue it is now an intregrated part of the software not a patch!!!

Post #: 26
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/17/2002 7:25:52 PM   
john

It is considered as a software patch, even is embded inside the software

Post #: 27
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/18/2002 7:31:24 PM   
Laffin Assassin

There is only you who considered it as a software patch.
A software patch is something what has to added to the program once you have the program installed as you should well know and as I keep saying it is not a patch it is an intregrated part of the software and you don't need the software installed once it has been burned or need a patch for the Burned CD to run on any computer it will run just the same as the Original CD.

Post #: 28
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/19/2002 6:02:37 AM   
Gooberslot

I understand why John only reports if can do it hardware. If it can't do it in hardware then it's not really a feature so there's not really any point in mentioning it since every drive can do it with AWS.

I'm curious, are there any disadvantages of using AWS compared to doing it in hardware? If not, then why argue about it.

Post #: 29
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/19/2002 8:06:24 AM   
MP3Mogul

I'm not sure what advantage AWS has with a game disc, but when using it to copy an audio disc, it makes the copy of the audio disc "UNPROTECTED"

-Peace-

Post #: 30
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/19/2002 5:59:25 PM   
Laffin Assassin

So Gooberslot
You must be the only man in the world who can copy protected CD's without using Software!!!
You say "If it can't do it in hardware then it's not really a feature so there's not really any point in mentioning it since every drive can do it with AWS."
To start with how do you do it in hardware without software ? That is impossible and to finish not every drive can do it with AWS. I am sure for once John will agree with me. (Maybe!!!)

Post #: 31
RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! - 5/19/2002 6:05:24 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi MP3Mogul
Sorry mate no AWS does not remove all the protection on all Game CD's. To make a copy of a copy you still have to use Clone CD with AWS on some protections include the dreaded Safedisk 2.

Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Yamaha CRW2200E ANd Safe Disk 2 !!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI