CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LTR-16101B Firmware   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1283 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> LTR-16101B Firmware Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LTR-16101B Firmware - 8/23/2001 7:05:33 PM   
pgaultsc

Yes, I downloaded the firmware ugrade from your web site and lit-on's web site. Niether one will flash to the new firmware. I have 3 other friends with the same drive. They all get the exact same failure code as I do. Is there anyone who sucessfully flashed to the new firmware for this drive? And if you did, please tell me how to do it. The flash program looks straight forward, but fails every time.

Post #: 1
RE: LTR-16101B Firmware - 8/24/2001 9:14:58 AM   
Phalcon

I got the dos version of this firmware. If you want it mail me

Edited by - Phalcon on 08/24/2001 14:22:39

(in reply to pgaultsc)
Post #: 2
RE: LTR-16101B Firmware - 8/24/2001 4:44:25 PM   
Jonathan Spiers

I flashed my new 16101b just after I installed it and it worked fine in windows. Most other people seem to have had to resort to the dos version. Might help if you close down all your tray apps (I did), but otherwise, just make sure you're in pure DOS mode (boot disc/restart the computer in MS-DOS mode).

Jon

(in reply to pgaultsc)
Post #: 3
RE: LTR-16101B Firmware - 8/24/2001 6:51:20 PM   
DrDismaul

Jonathan's right. I would never flash anything...especially from within windows...unless i knew i wasn't running any programs that could be using the pci bus - potentially causing the new bios data to be corrupted. Most hardware can recover in the case of data corruption. Bios flashes can't because you're writing over the very code that compensates for the corruption.

btw, what's the error message you're getting?

(in reply to pgaultsc)
Post #: 4
RE: LTR-16101B Firmware - 8/26/2001 10:27:44 AM   
pgaultsc

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help guys, but Phalcom hooked me up with the dos version of the flash. And everything worked great.

(in reply to pgaultsc)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> LTR-16101B Firmware Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI