CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

safedisc v2.5.... and LiteOn 24102B   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 469 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> safedisc v2.5.... and LiteOn 24102B Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
safedisc v2.5.... and LiteOn 24102B - 2/20/2002 10:12:57 AM   
meelek

SafeDisc and LiteOn Burners
I have a LiteOn 24x10x40 Burner, and it has been working fine on nearly everything that I copy. The only problem that I have had has been when I tried to copy Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Not only did the burner flatly refuse to read it, when I finally managed to coax my generic 48x reader to image it using CloneCD and copied it to a standard gold cd (using the LiteOn) the LiteON refused to read the image (it kept coming back telling me to insert the cd) and i had to put the copied cd back into the 48x to play the game! I am positive that it's not just my burner, because when I tried the copies at a friends house who also owns a LiteOn 24x10x40 (what can I say, they were good and cheap!) he experienced the same problem and wound up having to put the copy into his geriatric 4x reader. Does anyone have any ideas about how to make these go in the LiteOn drives?

Post #: 1
RE: safedisc v2.5.... and LiteOn 24102B - 2/20/2002 12:18:43 PM   
netman

mine read it and wrote it with no problems at all. it even read and wrote copies made from another burner. i haven't heard of any read problems with these drives before.

(in reply to meelek)
Post #: 2
RE: safedisc v2.5.... and LiteOn 24102B - 2/20/2002 1:14:58 PM   
CrocTJ

quote:

mine read it and wrote it with no problems at all. it even read and wrote copies made from another burner. i haven't heard of any read problems with these drives before.

What firmware are you using? and did you burned at 24x?

(in reply to meelek)
Post #: 3
RE: safedisc v2.5.... and LiteOn 24102B - 2/21/2002 4:36:31 AM   
rjw

Did you hide the cd-r media. When reading with the Lite ON. Since both games you mention contain ATIP-Check. So hide the cd-r with clone and see if it works.

(in reply to meelek)
Post #: 4
RE: safedisc v2.5.... and LiteOn 24102B - 2/21/2002 6:24:56 PM   
netman

i am using firmware 5s54 and reading and writing at max speed. as rjw says if you are trying to install and run the game from a burner the atip check will keep you from doing so.

(in reply to meelek)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> safedisc v2.5.... and LiteOn 24102B Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI