CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

What is the very best cdr?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1381 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> What is the very best cdr? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is the very best cdr? - 2/8/2002 6:42:37 PM   
tacos

What is the very best cdr? thanks

Post #: 1
RE: What is the very best cdr? - 2/10/2002 11:15:39 AM   
R00KIE

Well you don't have the very best cdr but i can tell you that the cdr media manufactured by taio yuden are usually very good.
(i think it is written that way, if it isn't it's very close to that).

R00KIE

(in reply to tacos)
Post #: 2
RE: What is the very best cdr? - 2/13/2002 4:38:11 AM   
Miraboy

As far as I have experienced, and it's more a case of which media best matches your hardware, the most 'compatible' disc manufacturers are

Taiyo Yuden (look for the frosted inner hub - this means its a TY disc - near in midn TY are a manufacturer not a distributor or brand - they do make for Sony)
Sony CD-R
Verbatim DataLife Plus (must be the Plus version - these are about 40p each in the uk or about 0.56USD with jewel cases.

CMC manufactured discs are the ones that give me (and a lot of other people)the most problems - avoid them at all cost

Here in the UK there are some suppliers who will send you a varity pack of discs - test them with your writer and seewhat works best.

(in reply to tacos)
Post #: 3
RE: What is the very best cdr? - 2/18/2002 6:19:41 PM   
4SDFED

I have had good luck with Verbatim Data Life plus for burning MP3's onto. Mind you, I haven't really tried any other disks yet. I just tried what LG recommended in the manual, and what had the best price.

AMD 1.4GHZ

(in reply to tacos)
Post #: 4
RE: What is the very best cdr? - 2/19/2002 1:54:45 PM   
Bondiablo

As I understand it: The silver/blue (cyannine) discs are the best if your primary concern is compatibility with older drives and stand alone players. Taiyo Yuden are probably the best of those. The phthalocyanine discs are almost as compatible (they won't work in 1x and 2x CDRW drives) but they're expected to last longer. Mitsui are probably the best of those. It's debatable whether gold is better than silver but since gold is more stable you could ere on the side of caution and use the gold discs if you're planning on keeping the data for a long time, however again you'll be sacrificing some compatibility and paying more.

I've been getting my discs at [url]www.cdrplanet.com[/url], they have both the Taiyo Yuden and the Mitsui, gold and silver, their prices are pretty good and they ship fast.

(in reply to tacos)
Post #: 5
RE: What is the very best cdr? - 4/13/2002 9:05:23 PM   
adric

quote:
near in midn TY are a manufacturer not a distributor or brand

That is wrong. There are also Taiyo Yuden That's cd-r (to be not confused with That's Write cd-r), even if these are very difficult to find here in Italy (and perhaps everyehere outside Japan)ryu2lj See here:
http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/taiyo_yuden.shtml

(in reply to tacos)
Post #: 6
RE: What is the very best cdr? - 4/16/2002 10:49:09 PM   
Bondiablo

Just recently bought a Taiyo Yuden CD-R 80 32X 100-Pack from http://www.rima.com for $29 + $6 shipping. Seems like a decent site, good prices on all sorts of cases as well.

(in reply to tacos)
Post #: 7
RE: What is the very best cdr? - 4/20/2002 7:59:01 PM   
pcguy99

Went to rima.com and the prices are too rich for Canadians. Shipping on an order of 100 pack of CDs worth $29.00 amounted to $21.70 which brought the total order to %50.70 or $81.12 CDN! The shipping method is UPS which is well known to stick it to us with brokerage charges and fees. The shipment would probably wind up costing over a $100CDN once it clears UPS.

(in reply to tacos)
Post #: 8
RE: What is the very best cdr? - 4/20/2002 11:09:50 PM   
monkuboy

Aside from the shipping, that's a pretty good price for Taiyo Yudens. I've yet to see anything come close on the web. Did you actually verify they are Taiyo Yuden by using CDR-Identifier on them? Rima.com is pretty close to me and they said I could will call during the week if I make arrangements ahead of time.

(in reply to tacos)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> What is the very best cdr? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI