CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Liteon LTD-163 opinions   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1307 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Liteon LTD-163 opinions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Liteon LTD-163 opinions - 1/11/2002 7:54:50 AM   
Graeme Weir

I just read the last DVD roundup (#2) on cdrinfo.com and came to the opinion that the best all around DVD drive to use for a reader with CloneCD was the LiteOn drive, which was fully reviewed in the first roundup but used as a reference drive in the second.

Anyway, I haven't had any luck searching the site for the first DVD roundup to find out a bit more information about this drive before buying one. The folks at CloneCD seem to recommend Toshiba drives, but I read a review of one of those and it said that it had problems with subchannel data and was noisy to boot. The second DVD roundup seemed to tell me just about everything I needed to know except for subjective impressions of the drive, like HOW NOISY IS IT??? There's not much point in my mind in having a noisy DVD drive that drowns out the quiet parts of movies when you're watching them. Does anybody have the link to the first review or actually have one of these?

Post #: 1
RE: Liteon LTD-163 opinions - 1/11/2002 4:37:40 PM   
john

Try www.cdrinfo.com/hardware for reading the first roundup. As for the noise level depend upon your ears. What we might consider as low, others may consider as high. I think LiteOn 16x has low noise in overall.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Graeme Weir)
Post #: 2
RE: Liteon LTD-163 opinions - 1/16/2002 11:16:24 PM   
valk

Graeme
Re the noise part of your query. Storagereview.com did a review on the LTD-163 which you can find at:
http://www.storagereview.com/welcome.pl/http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200109/20010912LTD-163_1.html

The review noted that there are a lot noisier drives out there than the Liteon and when playing DVD movies the LTD-163 was almost silent.

I bought the drive myself and I'm impressed with both the low noise levels and picture quality when playing DVD's. The drive runs at 1x speed for DVD playback and is much quieter overall than the 32x Panasonic CD-Rom it replaces.
Regards
valk

Post #: 3
RE: Liteon LTD-163 opinions - 1/17/2002 7:29:22 PM   
Graeme Weir

John and Valk- Thx. That's the kind of info I was looking for.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Liteon LTD-163 opinions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI